Archer C1200 / router and access point issues

2023-12-27 15:53:13 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:07:28
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have 2 Archer C1200's, I am trying to get one network, so the same name and passcode across a number of outbuildings.   One of the routers is set up in the house with the external phone connection.   This works fine and I have this linked to my network account within the Deco app.

Then second router is linked via an ethernet cable but is set up in the workshop.  It did have a different network ID, so I have configured that one to be an AP but the passcode for that is the same as the router passcode that was factory set.    This AP is not showing on my Deco app, can I get it added to my app?  Once added to the app , then I would like to add an extra 3 additional M5 repeaters around the area.  

If I can't get an AP set up on my app, is there a way to set the network passcode to the same as the my main network in the house?  At the moment I am constanlty having to sign in with 2 different passcodes, depending on which network I am on.

Or is there a better way of setting the two routers up to work together as one network?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C1200 / router and access point issues-Solution
2023-12-27 21:54:30 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:07:28

@Suzie_Wardy 

Here's a video guide on how to setup a router in AP mode.

To manage your TP-Link routers you'll need the tether app.

Deco app is for managing the Deco systems.

These are the routers supported in Tether app.

If you can't add the C1200 to the tehter app, you still can login via its web management interface - use the static LAN IP address you've set (i.e. http://192.168.1.254)

Once logged in, you can set the AP's SSID and password the same as on your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 / router and access point issues-Solution
2023-12-27 21:54:30 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:07:28

@Suzie_Wardy 

Here's a video guide on how to setup a router in AP mode.

To manage your TP-Link routers you'll need the tether app.

Deco app is for managing the Deco systems.

These are the routers supported in Tether app.

If you can't add the C1200 to the tehter app, you still can login via its web management interface - use the static LAN IP address you've set (i.e. http://192.168.1.254)

Once logged in, you can set the AP's SSID and password the same as on your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 1

Related Articles