Branded firmware of MR600 does not let me connect to the mobile internet (4G/LTE)?

Branded firmware of MR600 does not let me connect to the mobile internet (4G/LTE)?

2024-01-03 17:38:33
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230116 Rel.60751n

Hi!

If I am not mistaken the router I bought has branded firmware that keeps me away from accessing the Internet from other service providers. I tried to call the the ISP (Orange as far as I know) told me that it is not possible that the device in any way is blocked/simlocked (they suggested contacting TP-Link), although I cannot explain why two other ISPs' SIM cards are not able to connect to the Internet regardless of the all network settings (APN, etc.). One card is properly identified, provides signal, even gives the auto config for the Internet but never connects - I can even send the USSD codes without problem. The second carrier unfroutunately shows that the SIM card is inserted but no signal nor Internet provided.

Is there any way, based on the provided Firmware Version, that someone could assist me with either upgrading/downgrading to see if it works? It's last resort cause I tried to set up proper APN for hours and none of these actualy works.

Any other option is also welcomed.

Cheers! :)

Options
5 Reply
Re:Branded firmware of MR600 does not let me connect to the mobile internet (4G/LTE)?
2024-01-04 09:17:26

@ReelReal 

Upon checking, your current firmware version is for Archer MR600(PLORG) 3.0, which is for ISP Orange in Poland, thus it cannot install other EU version firmware.

If you use Orange SIM card, will internet work fine? and who is the other two carriers you've tried?

Please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system log file.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Branded firmware of MR600 does not let me connect to the mobile internet (4G/LTE)?
2024-01-04 13:38:27 - last edited 2024-01-05 21:00:56

@Sunshine

Thank you for the reply. You know, I cannot confirm that the Orange's gonna work - I just assume it will, cause of the previoous owner (who was using Orange just fine). I myself was trying to go with two other Polish carriers, which are Plus and T-Mobile. The former was properly recognized, provided the settings automatically but couldn't connect to the Internet. The other one was not recognized (although the card was visible cause I was able to setup PIN for instance), and setting up the APN and so on by hand hasn't proved useful with whatever configurations I could find.

Options
2024-03-27 12:00:17 - last edited 2024-03-27 12:02:03

@Sunshine 
I have the same situation, help me remove this SIM lock ! pls pls pls

Use (orange) - all fine 
I want to use another operator (T-mobile) - not work 
pls help me if you can 

Options
2024-03-27 12:09:52

@Sunshine 

when do I want to update the firmware (lats version) 

Options
2024-03-29 02:43:41

@MiheyHardy 

Hi, your current firmware version is for Archer MR600(PLORG) 3.0, which is for ISP Orange in Poland as well, thus it cannot install other EU version firmware.

We community has no method to unlock it, it is recommended to contact Orange to see if they could help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 5

Related Articles