Can I Add to the TP Link KitTL-PA717 kit additional Powerline Adapters.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-04 16:54:28 - last edited 2024-02-27 01:08:12

I have the kit installed upstairs where my hub is and the second powerline adapter is on the same electrical circuit that runs around the house upstairs. I have placed this in the bedroom over the lounge. My signal is still weak in the lounge where the TV is and I want to add to the system to improve reception for the TV.  Can I add adapters to the system which are on another elecrical circuit which operates downstairs.  Do I have to have another connevtion to the hub.  Your advice will be much appreciated.  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I Add to the TP Link KitTL-PA717 kit additional Powerline Adapters.
2024-01-09 09:15:39

@HenryChicken 

Hi, I am afraid the powerline adapters might not work on different electrical circuit, as there might be filters that will block the powerline communication.

For testing, you could relocate the second powerline adapter now to the place where you would like to add one more unit to see if it still pairs with the first adapter that connects your hub. If it still works, you could purchase an additional powerline adapter, and still only one poweline adapter needs to connect the hub.

However, if it doesn't work after you relocate it, there is no need to purchase additional one any more.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1

Related Articles