TL-SG1024DE VLAN 1 tagging

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-04 18:43:14
Model: TL-SG1024DE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-SG1024DE_V1_131023

Multiple managed switch models in the past didn't support changes to VLAN 1; no tagging, nor removal of this VLAN from selected ports. One old forum thread about this subject is this: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/96245 .

I have a TL-SG1024DE v1 which also suffered from this, but currently this model is already at it's v7 hardware version. It's unclear to me if these later models still lack the ability to make changes to VLAN 1 or if later models now have firmware which allow changing this VLAN .

Is this issue still present on recent models of these switches TL-SG1024DE / TL-SG1016DE?

Has (beta)firmware ever been released for those older versions, like my TL-SG1024DE v1, which enable editting VLAN 1?

Regards,

SteelyDunes

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG1024DE VLAN 1 tagging
2024-01-05 02:44:08

Hi @SteelyDunes 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

We don't have plans to allow modification on VLAN 1 now.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-01-05 13:51:53

Hello  @Clive_A,

Thank you for your reply... So do I understand correctly that VLAN1 tagging or removal of VLAN1 from selected ports is still not a possibility with today's versions, such as the TL-SG1024DE v7, TL-SG116E v2 or a TL-SG3428X-M2?

Regards,

SteelyDunes

Options
2024-01-08 03:32:32

Hi @SteelyDunes 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

SteelyDunes wrote

Hello  @Clive_A,

Thank you for your reply... So do I understand correctly that VLAN1 tagging or removal of VLAN1 from selected ports is still not a possibility with today's versions, such as the TL-SG1024DE v7, TL-SG116E v2 or a TL-SG3428X-M2?

Regards,

SteelyDunes

You can tag/untag VLAN1 and set different PVID, but you cannot delete VLAN1 or completely remove it from the port.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 3

Related Articles