Custom device tags and searches
Custom device tags and searches
2024-01-08 00:53:03 - last edited 2024-01-08 00:54:19
Tags: #Mobile App
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.7

Hi,

As your network grows, it becomes more difficult to find and manage specific devices.

One thing that would be useful in the app would be the ability to add multiple custom tags to each device, then filter the list by that tag.

For example, I might want to have a tag for "Lights" or "Switches" or "Computers" or "Phones", etc.  Enabling users to have a list of tags for each device would make it easy to customise the app.

Adding this ability along with a simple way to filter the devices list using the tags would make it easy to find devices in a long list.

Adding this feature would probably not require a firmware update, since it would be specific to the app side.  Although, it would be nice if it was built into the firmware so multiple users can use the same tags - but that is not essential for the initial version in my view.

To make this simple, I suggest having a single large text box entry added to the Device details page, where you can view, add, and remove tags. 

To filter devices, add a "Filter" feature to the device list to filter / search by Name, Tags, Connection point, Frequency or Network (for example).

Simple and easy to manage for anyone :)

Thanks for listening.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 90

Replies: 0

Voters 2

Tags

Mobile App