EasyMesh backhaul connection vs Guest and IoT wifi networks

2024-01-08 18:58:41 - last edited 2024-08-08 09:15:01
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(4555)

Hi,

is there a way to configure Easymesh with two C64 routers to work with Guest and IoT wifi as well as with main wifi? Main wifi seems to work with EasyMesh backhaul just fine but rest of network are not extended.

Thanks for reply

Kind regards

Lukas

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EasyMesh backhaul connection vs Guest and IoT wifi networks-Solution
2024-01-09 03:50:13 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:09:51

@noreithe 

Currently the guest network and IoT network are not available on EasyMesh satellite routers, we have reported it to development team for evaluation to add it in the furture, once there is any update, we will inform users on the community.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:EasyMesh backhaul connection vs Guest and IoT wifi networks-Solution
2024-01-09 03:50:13 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:09:51

@noreithe 

Currently the guest network and IoT network are not available on EasyMesh satellite routers, we have reported it to development team for evaluation to add it in the furture, once there is any update, we will inform users on the community.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EasyMesh backhaul connection vs Guest and IoT wifi networks
2024-01-13 15:58:00

@Sunshine Thanks a lot for reply, I really hope it will be solved soon. EasyMesh is quite unusable this way, sadly.

Options
2024-04-04 18:29:36

@Sunshine  

Thanks for the update on this issue, I have 3 AX72s (wired easymesh backhaul) and would love IOT and Guest networks to be available across the mesh network, as it would mean IOT could be used near any of the points. 

Thanks

Options
2024-08-04 16:22:16

@Sunshine

Yeah...recently I bought new TP-Link routers (BE550 and BE230) to pair them as mesh via ethernet backhaul. It was a quite expensive step, however is 21st century so I need WiFi 7 in my house, because many of my devices can use that new standard of WiFi. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, the satellite does not provide access to the IoT and guest network which is highly inconvenient because my IoT devices are in my whole house, where I need connect some of them to satellite due to weak signal from main router. I know I can change my routers to Deco, but... 1 - I don't like a design, 2 - they are even more expensive, 3 - I need access for configuration my router via website (not dedicate app). So guys...I kindly ask you to consider making this feature available on a such expensive devices.

Best Regards.

Options
2024-08-06 11:44:54

@Tester007   @Tail_uk 

Hello, we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature requests here!

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to all the home routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

It is also suggested to "Start a new thread" in our Feature Request (Routers) block, then maybe more people can vote if they have same model and request as yours.

Thanks for your support and cooperation all the time~

Options
2024-08-06 15:46:00

@Marvin_S 

Thanks for reply Marvin. I will try start new thread as you suggested, anyway it looks like a bit deliberate action, because MLO network magically is shared by satellite, so why IoT and Guest can't be ?

Well...thank you anyway and have nice day.

Options
2024-08-08 08:58:27

@Tester007 

Hi, Maybe they have different technical principles and operating logic?  MLO network is only supported by WiFi7 routers. Now for all TP-Link wireless routers that support Easymesh, IoT network and guest network can not synchronize to satellite routers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 947

Replies: 7

Related Articles