TPLink DDNS Not working Login Error

2024-01-13 18:25:29
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295(5553)

I want to access my Network Storage connected in the router USB through the internet to get access to it always. There is an option that I checked and did set the DNS. But On getting to the DDNS Domain, gets a login page where I try logging in using my TP Link Credentials and even FTP Credentials, both fail.

I am using Dynamic IP as my connection type

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPLink DDNS Not working Login Error
2024-01-15 08:36:02

@Thunderhunt 

To access the usb storage device from internet, you need to use Internet FTP, and the address should be "ftp://wan ip address or ddns:port",please let us know how you tried to access it and what the address is.

Please also check if your router WAN IP is a public IP address or not, share with us screenshot of your USB Storage Decvice page.

Options
Re:TPLink DDNS Not working Login Error
2024-01-15 19:16:56

Hi  @Sunshine ,

Sharing the details below.

I have also assigned DDNS to my router using TP Link, but again it was asking some credentials there. not sure what is that.

Additionally, below is my questions.
1. As I dont have the static IP , will the DDNS be the solution for me?

2. How secure is it , as Any one can reach to my PC if they know the Domain or the Public IP, they can also try out different credentials as brute force attack, please throw some light on that, how can I keep my system secure even after providing the remote FTP.

3. Additionally, Can I configure the Folder access for the per user basis?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 186

Replies: 2

Related Articles