RE205 slow connection over wifi; Wired Connection is way too slow

2024-01-19 05:27:39
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

i have an issue with my range extender, 205.  i have a setup where i cannot use ethernet cable. so i m converting wireless to wired one. my problem is, my wired connection is way too slow. signal reception is good, but i have slow internet and ping problems.  i tried both ap and repeater mode, no avail. repeater mode made my connection gone completely. please help, is there a setting for ethernet connection that i can tweak?

p.s i have a 100 mbit internet speed , i get around 3-5 max, also have wa850re, internet is around 20 mbit with that one. i want to use re205 due to it has 5ghz.. please help 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE205 slow connection over wifi; Wired Connection is way too slow
2024-01-22 11:46:56 - last edited 2024-01-22 11:47:37

@tralalaaa 

Hi, may I have a detailed topology of your network? What is the wired and wireless speed of your router? 

If it is possible to connect the extender to your router via Ethernet cable, it is recommended to use AP mode on the extender to avoid possible wireless interference.

Refer to this guide to set up the AP mode: How to configure the range extender as an access point, then connect the same computer to the 5G WiFi of the extender for speed test.

By the way, what is the hardware and firmware version of your RE205?

Options
2024-01-23 18:20:00 - last edited 2024-01-23 18:22:03

@Sunshine 

thanks for your response;

here s my firmware version.

my router is zte H3600 V9. internet speed is 100 mbit. i can get around 100 mbit of internet through wireless as well. 

i cannot use ethernet cable from my router to range extender. due to phyiscal constraints

if i set up my range extender as  an access point wont i lose my connection? because the last time i did i couldnt use it. 

thank you again in advance

edit: i m using my range extender for my non-wireless devices to connect internet wirelessly. 

Options
2024-01-24 07:06:43

@tralalaaa 

Hi, without Ethernet connection between the RE205 and your router, the access point mode will not work. 

You could set up the RE205 as range extender mode and connect it to your router via both 2.4G and 5G bands, then connect a computer to the extender via Ethernet cable to run speed test. If it is still quite slow, please test the router WiFi speed at the extender location instead of near the router for comparison.

Please also try different Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the extender, if possible, connect the same computer to your router LAN port to test speed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 224

Replies: 3

Related Articles