Simple configuration two LANs
Simple configuration two LANs
2024-01-19 12:03:46 - last edited 2024-01-21 09:19:02
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3

Hi Guys!

I`m using Omada SDN with following HW

I like to separate my NAS from the rest of the network. I did set up a second LAN on one of the ports L2 with an adressrange 220.110.20.1/24.

I had defined a route between both LANs to get access to the NAS. 

but I do not get internet Access from there. what I'm doing wrong?

Thankyou for your help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Simple configuration two LANs-Solution
2024-01-21 02:32:58 - last edited 2024-01-21 09:19:02

@wickie 

Do you have a config lay out for us to check?

So maybe you need to read the multi network setup guide on the official website. Which should help you resolve most multi network issues.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Simple configuration two LANs-Solution
2024-01-21 02:32:58 - last edited 2024-01-21 09:19:02

@wickie 

Do you have a config lay out for us to check?

So maybe you need to read the multi network setup guide on the official website. Which should help you resolve most multi network issues.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Simple configuration two LANs
2024-01-21 10:21:27 - last edited 2024-01-22 02:26:03

@Tedd404 

please take a look to the original post. there you can find a picture and what I like to do.

It is simply to connect a NAS device on one of the Ports L2 and setup a second network. 

I can ping the NAS but don't have access to the internet from the NAS. Any documentation I can find ist using a manged switch which I don't have.

Options
Re:Simple configuration two LANs
2024-01-22 02:28:51

Hi @wickie 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

wickie wrote

@Tedd404 

please take a look to the original post. there you can find a picture and what I like to do.

It is simply to connect a NAS device on one of the Ports L2 and setup a second network. 

I can ping the NAS but don't have access to the internet from the NAS. Any documentation I can find ist using a manged switch which I don't have.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

If you don't have a managed switch, then this dummy switch you use will only pass one VLAN as untagged if you need computers on it(because computers use untagged VLAN). Or the switch can pass multiple tagged VLANs but will require connected devices tagged VLAN capable.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 3

Related Articles