5ghz / Main network issue.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-22 22:23:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

We have 8 Decos, mostly v2, three v4. All run in AP mode, and this is in an Active Directory environment. 

One will only allow connections to the guest (2.4g) network. The guest network is connected to the main network, it is used for things that don't like 5ghz.

This Deco is almost entirely used on the guest network. Today I wanted to connect my phone to it, and it refused the connection to the main network. The guest network works. A second phone and my laptop did the same. 

The other 7 are fine. 

This MAY have started when I changed the topology so it talked to another Deco other than the central one. On the other hand it may have started when I updated the firmware. 

Ring any bells? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:5ghz / Main network issue.
2024-01-23 01:22:51

@Acampm 

This problematic Deco, open its page in Deco app and see what it reports there under the "Connected to." Example:

If you don't see 2.4GHz/5GHz but only 2.4GHz, that could mean hardware failure of WiFi module responsible for 5GHz broadcast. Additional testing will be required to confirm that and I can tell you what to check if it is the case.

Options
2024-01-23 21:12:53

@Alexandre. 

It shows as connected to gym at 2.4/5 and gym shows connected to office (the master) at 2.4/5.

So that doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm confident it can communicate at 5ghz because I've only added 2.4ghz to the main network to troubleshoot... It was originally 5ghz only and the issue was the same.

Options
2024-01-24 13:10:44

@Acampm 

So, this does not look like hardware failure.

I have a question for you. You said "This Deco is almost entirely used on the guest network. Today I wanted to connect my phone to it, and it refused the connection to the main network." How do you make phone connect to specific Deco unit?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 3

Related Articles