Archer C7 AP mode suddenly stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 AP mode suddenly stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Archer C7 AP mode suddenly stops working
2024-01-29 11:06:49

@Victorlin 

I can't see any logocal explanaition why this is not working.

Everything seems to be as it should according to your C7 settings.

Probably contactting your local tech support would be the next step.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-02 03:40:03

@terziyski 
Thanks for you help, I've contacted tech support, it seems like they're also unsure what the issue is, going through diagnostics with them ATM.

meanwhile, I also want to explore new possibilities for the router if this issue cannot be solved.

I mainly need the OpenVPN functions on this router, do you know if it's possible to use this function when the C7 is in WDS bridge, or when connected to the main router over 
LAN?

Options
2024-02-02 04:05:56

@Victorlin 

I would recommend to use this guide (Case 2) for configuring the router if you want to use the OpenVPN.

WDS mode is mainly for using the device as a wireless range extender.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-02 07:39:04

@terziyski 

Yes, the idea is that if I can't solve this issue, I'll use the router as a wifi extender and VPN server. Will give it a try later, thanks. 

Options
Related Articles