Seeking Help: Poor Connectivity with TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Router on 2-in-1 Hybrid PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Seeking Help: Poor Connectivity with TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Router on 2-in-1 Hybrid PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-25 07:49:51
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 6

Hello Community,

I hope this post finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've been facing some connectivity issues with my TP-Link AX6600 Black Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router (AX90), specifically on my 2-in-1 hybrid PC. I'm hoping some of you might have insights or solutions to help me troubleshoot this problem.

The Issue:

I recently upgraded to the TP-Link AX6600, hoping for improved Wi-Fi performance. However, on my 2-in-1 hybrid PC, I've been experiencing poor connectivity – intermittent disconnections, slow speeds, and sometimes complete dropouts.

Questions for the Community:

Has anyone else faced similar issues with the TP-Link AX6600 router, especially on a 2-in-1 hybrid PC?

Are there specific settings or configurations I should be aware of to optimize the router for hybrid devices?

Any tips for troubleshooting poor Wi-Fi connectivity on a Windows-based 2-in-1?
Additional Information:

The router works fine with other devices in my home, including smartphones and laptops.
I've ensured that the drivers on my 2-in-1 are up to date.
No major physical obstructions or interference are present in the vicinity.
I've tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists. I'd greatly appreciate any advice, personal experiences, or potential solutions you could share. If you've successfully configured the TP-Link AX6600 for optimal performance on a 2-in-1, your insights would be invaluable.

Looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
emilyawalker123

Options
2 Reply
Re:Seeking Help: Poor Connectivity with TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Router on 2-in-1 Hybrid PC
2024-01-31 07:10:41

@emilyawalker123 

Hi, does the 2-in-1 hybrid PC have any similar issue when connected to other WiFi networks?

Did you try disabling smart connect and set different WiFi channels?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Seeking Help: Poor Connectivity with TP-Link AX6600 Wi-Fi 6 Router on 2-in-1 Hybrid PC
2024-02-20 19:17:38

@emilyawalker123  I'm going through this now, but discovered, in my case that it was the internet providers modem that was glitching and dropping out.  They tested it remotely while I was on the phone with the technician.

emilyawalker123 wrote

Hello Community,

I hope this post finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've been facing some connectivity issues with my TP-Link AX6600 Black Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi 6 Router (AX90), specifically on my 2-in-1 hybrid PC. I'm hoping some of you might have insights or solutions to help me troubleshoot this problem.

The Issue:

I recently upgraded to the TP-Link AX6600, hoping for improved Wi-Fi performance. However, on my 2-in-1 hybrid PC, I've been experiencing poor connectivity – intermittent disconnections, slow speeds, and sometimes complete dropouts.

Questions for the Community:

Has anyone else faced similar issues with the TP-Link AX6600 router, especially on a 2-in-1 hybrid PC?

Are there specific settings or configurations I should be aware of to optimize the router for hybrid devices?

Any tips for troubleshooting poor Wi-Fi connectivity on a Windows-based 2-in-1?
Additional Information:

The router works fine with other devices in my home, including smartphones and laptops.
I've ensured that the drivers on my 2-in-1 are up to date.
No major physical obstructions or interference are present in the vicinity.
I've tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists. I'd greatly appreciate any advice, personal experiences, or potential solutions you could share. If you've successfully configured the TP-Link AX6600 for optimal performance on a 2-in-1, your insights would be invaluable.

Looking forward to your suggestions and thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
emilyawalker123

I have someone coming tomorrow to replace the modem.  Hope that helps, good luck, I know first hand how frustrating it can be :)

Options