TP-LINK Archer AX50 v1.0 -- annoying problem with WIFi being disabled?

2024-01-29 18:55:17 - last edited 2024-01-29 18:56:26
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13 Build 20230906 rel.40682(4555)

My Internet is coming via LAN cable to my house, we live on the 1st floor.

When I have Internet issues, often I need to turn off the router, then turn it back on in a few seconds.

For 4-5 months now, my Internet comes back at some point when I power-cycle my LAN switch too, but only the local, LAN/Internet ports work!

Both WiFi ranges are disabled, i.e. the 2.4 GHz one, as well as 5 GHz one.

Then I annoyingy need to login to router Admin panel and manually re-enable WiFi for it to work.

Is this a known issue?

Is it a firmware issue, or a physical, hardware defect?

Issue is only there for 4-5 months, but router is not new, it was purchased a few years ago.

So, I am thinking this is a firmware bug maybe? 

If so, when do you guys plan to fix it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer AX50 v1.0 -- annoying problem with WIFi being disabled?
2024-01-30 03:42:20

@NakiBest78 

Hi, is your network topology like this: LAN cable from ISP---Switch----Archer AX50 Router, or LAN cable from ISP---Archer AX50 Router---Switch---client devices?

You mean sometimes, internet stops working and recovers after restarting the switch, but the WiFi of Archer AX50 will be disabled automatically?

Please confirm if the WiFi is enabled and visible before you restarting the switch.

In addition, please check if wireless schedule is enabled on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Schedule page, if so, the WiFi will be off automatically during the scheduled off time.

In addition, there is a WPS/Wi-Fi button on back panel of the router, you could also press and hold the button for 2 seconds to turn on or off the wireless function of your router.

Options
2024-01-30 12:32:44 - last edited 2024-01-30 12:33:42

@Sunshine, you asked:

1) Hi, is your network topology like this: LAN cable from ISP---Switch----Archer AX50 Router, or LAN cable from ISP---Archer AX50 Router---Switch---client devices?

--> Switch is BEFORE the WiFi router, yes.

(I know usually switch should be after the router but I put it this way to avoid router damage by lightning.)

2) You mean sometimes, internet stops working and recovers after restarting the switch, but the WiFi of Archer AX50 will be disabled automatically?

Please confirm if the WiFi is enabled and visible before you restarting the switch.

--> Yes, and yes. Issue is with router, not the switch.

(Also, I am not restarting just the switch, no. I am restarting BOTH the switch as well as router.)

3) In addition, please check if wireless schedule is enabled on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Schedule page, if so, the WiFi will be off automatically during the scheduled off time.

--> This is only from 2 AM to 9 AM, problems happen outside this interval.

4) In addition, there is a WPS/Wi-Fi button on back panel of the router, you could also press and hold the button for 2 seconds to turn on or off the wireless function of your router.

--> Sorry but this does not help any! I need a real fix, not a workaround.

Options
2024-01-31 01:01:02

@NakiBest78 

Hi, please try disabling wireless schedule or change the scheduled off time to be from 2 AM to 2:55 AM, and also from 3:05 AM to 9:00 AM to see if it solves the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 3

Related Articles