Deco M9 - cable connection when weak sign

2024-01-29 22:46:02
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

Hi,

Few months back I bought Deco M9 plus, 3 routers for my house (140square meters).

House has 3 small floors, main router installed at the top, each device has 1 floor to cover. I hoped each device will have a good signal, but its not the case.

The lowest floor has weak signal, but it's the  most frequently used room. Is it possible to connect two devices with a RJ45 cables? I have a cable between top & bottom floors so it would be great if I could connect them through cable. I'm trying but cannot see any signal improvement. Does the cable connection have to be configured? Would this work?

Is there any way the signal may be improved?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9 - cable connection when weak sign
2024-01-30 06:41:59 - last edited 2024-01-30 06:46:47

@Adam_Prezes 

Hi, theoretically, the Ethernet Backhaul does help to improve the bandwidth of the satellite M9 Plus.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

But from the network map on the Deco APP, the Ethernet Backhaul hasn't been successfully built up. They are still connected via WiFi Backhaul.

(If the Ethernet Backhaul is successful, it should be like)

I think the cable from the top floor to bottom might be aging or poorly connected, are you able to replace it with a new cable? or test whether you could get the internet service when connecting a laptop directly to the same cable?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options