Wifi Extender TL-WA850RE, for setup power light is solid but wireless light is not solid.

Wifi Extender TL-WA850RE, for setup power light is solid but wireless light is not solid.

2024-01-30 14:56:57
Tags: #Wifi extender setup problem
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Main router firmware is: "3.16.9" Build 151215 Rel.46874n Model WR845N v1 but dont know RE firmware

For the first time setup POWER light is solid but WIRELESS light is not solid just blinking This is not allowing me to setup.

Using Tether app wifi extender not setup. I followed all the given steps.

I read documents and try all the given solution but bad luck. what should i do? wifi extender version is: 1.23 , serial number is 2142319000572, firmware dont know.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi Extender TL-WA850RE, for setup power light is solid but wireless light is not solid.
2024-01-31 06:19:45

@Rana8080 

Hi, for TL-WA850RE, here is the LED status and explanation:

So wireless light blinking is normal, but if RE and Signal Strength LEDs are both off, it means the extender is not connected to any host WiFi. 

Here are some suggestions. 
1. Please check whether Wireless password of your new router you entered is correct or not? Please go to Settings--WiFi on your phone to forget the new router WiFi, then reconnect it using the same Wi-Fi password to see if it works. 
2. Please reset the extender into default settings again by holding the reset button until all lights flashing once, then refer to this instruction to configure your range extender again carefully: How to configure my range extender via Web GUI to extend an existing wireless network’s coverage

Note: During the configuration, please make sure that the extender is close to your router and be careful when you enter router's wireless password.  

If it still doesn't connect, please check if there is any special settings on your main router, like access control etc. which will block the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 152

Replies: 1

Tags

Wifi extender setup problem
Related Articles