Extender not making wifi for setup.

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hi, i wanted to setup my extender but i am not able to do it. WPS method doesnt work and when i try any other, i cant do it because the extender isnt making a wifi that i could connect to to set it up either by website or by tether app, even though the wireless led is glowing still. I already tried to reset it. Thank you for help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extender not making wifi for setup.-Solution

@woozle thank you for reply, but i found out that it had old firmware (1.0.0., not 1.0.1.), because i havent been using it forba looong time. I just pluged it through rj45 cable to my pc, and updated it. Now it works perfectly.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Extender not making wifi for setup.
2 weeks ago

@Jonas_H 

Hi,

If it's a V6, then it should be a few years old. Was it working fine and then suddenly stopped working? (i.e. stopped broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal)

Options
Re:Extender not making wifi for setup.-Solution

@woozle thank you for reply, but i found out that it had old firmware (1.0.0., not 1.0.1.), because i havent been using it forba looong time. I just pluged it through rj45 cable to my pc, and updated it. Now it works perfectly.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Extender not making wifi for setup.
a week ago

@Jonas_H how to update it? Can you please guide through the process? I am a total noob

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 3

Related Articles