TL-7DR6560, the new WiFi7 router has ten more unknown devices

2024-02-04 03:58:42 - last edited 2024-02-08 04:25:06
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.17
  • MODEL NO. TL-7DR6560, the new WiFi7 router, has ten more unknown devices that appeared after upgrading to the latest firmware.
  • It is ridiculous that 13 unknown devices are suddenly seen as connected to my router via wire connection.
  • I contacted the technical support via "fae@tp-link.com.cn," but they just asked me to factory reset the router and delete those unknown devices, which didn't help. They just wanted to make me give up seeking help from them.
  • Moreover, the web UI doesn't support English or other languages, and the UI is not as well organized as the old-style one.

EDIT:

Confirmed with the stupid China TP-LINK support that TL-7DR6560 and TL-7DR3630 have the problem of firmware in versions 1.0.16 and 1.0.2 respectively that there will be a SSID "TP-LINK_935E" generated automatically that cannot be removed and this SSID is not encrypted. The routers have to be upgraded firmware to versions 1.0.17 and 1.0.3 (not yet released). Moreover, those unknown devices as you see they are branded Huawei that people in my country don't use. Those unknown devices were testing units used by TP-LINK development team and were implanted with the problematic firmware and were synchronized to my TP-LINK ID. I have to delete them one by one after upgrading the firmware.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-7DR6560, the new WiFi7 router has ten more unknown devices
2024-02-04 21:58:06

@TROUBLE_USER 

This looks like a device targeted specifically for the Chineese market. I doubt that anyone here has an experience with this model.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-08 04:17:29

@TROUBLE_USER This probably came about because those phones and devices attempted to connect to your router. They will show up even if connection is unsucsessful, clustering the dashboard up. To make matter worse, if your PC is connected both wired and wirelessly, then there are 2 entries. They should disappear after their assigned lease lapses. You could also hasten the process by setting a short lease time like 60 minutes (1hour) instead of the default 1440 (24 hours).

I've been testing and using this router since early January in China environment. It works perfectly with a ppope setting. Its performance is on par with the ASUS AX-88U on wired connection for 1Gb and about 20-30% on wifi7 on medium to longer range. Over the last few days I have been using it in SIngapore M1. It doesn't seems to like the Huawei modem that came supplied with M1, but easily solved. IPV6 doesn't seems to be stable, probably due to the firmware bug, which should be corrected over time. 

Options
2024-02-08 04:24:41

@brooze 

Wrong. Confirmed with the stupid China TP-LINK support that TL-7DR6560 and TL-7DR3630 have the problem of firmware in versions 1.0.16 and 1.0.2 respectively that there will be a SSID "TP-LINK_935E" generated automatically that cannot be removed and this SSID is not encrypted. The routers have to be upgraded firmware to versions 1.0.17 and 1.0.3 (not yet released). Moreover, those unknown devices as you see they are branded Huawei that people in my country don't use. Those unknown devices were testing units used by TP-LINK development team and were implanted with the problematic firmware and were synchronized to my TP-LINK ID. I have to delete them one by one after upgrading the firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 3

Related Articles