Managed Switch with tether device (RE550) network Freeze

2024-02-05 04:05:20 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:24:43
Model: TL-SG3452X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: (TL-)SG3452X(UN)_V1_1.20.1 Build 20231115

Does anyone here already use Manage Switch and Tether devices like RE550?

We have TL-SG3452X connected to 12 Access Point mode RE550  1.0.12 Build 220908 Rel.64762n (8583)

After a few hours, our Network will Freeze. unable to ping router switch and access point. we have to restart the Switch to reconnect all networks but still, it will freeze after a few hours of use.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Managed Switch with tether device (RE550) network Freeze -Solution
2024-02-06 01:27:14 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:24:43

Hi @Chris_MIS 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Remove all of the RE and check if there is a freeze.

If there is a freeze, then it is not a problem coming from the RE.

If there is no freeze, then connect the RE one by one and wait and check. If this is too troublesome, you might wanna take a look at your config of all 12 RE.

You probably should consider if there is a network loop. Which fits the description of this.

On the switch, you can turn on STP or RSTP to prevent the loop but this will still be a problem but STP/RSTP is blocking it. The problem still exists but not affecting you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Managed Switch with tether device (RE550) network Freeze -Solution
2024-02-06 01:27:14 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:24:43

Hi @Chris_MIS 

Remove all of the RE and check if there is a freeze.

If there is a freeze, then it is not a problem coming from the RE.

If there is no freeze, then connect the RE one by one and wait and check. If this is too troublesome, you might wanna take a look at your config of all 12 RE.

You probably should consider if there is a network loop. Which fits the description of this.

On the switch, you can turn on STP or RSTP to prevent the loop but this will still be a problem but STP/RSTP is blocking it. The problem still exists but not affecting you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Managed Switch with tether device (RE550) network Freeze
2024-02-06 08:46:08

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply.

I connect RE550 one by one, on the sixth RE550 the network freeze, so I check the LAN cables(no problem found)

next, I connected the other batch of 6 RE550, so the same thing happened.

after restarting the switch I check the systems logs.  I found a warning threshold high of 87% same time the network froze.

Next, I replaced the tplink  manage switch with another brand but sadly same result. 

what I did was I used my old Unmanaged switch and connected all RE550... then finally NO NETWORK FREEZE. for 24 hours seems no problem with the Re550.

So I'm confused, about using Manage switch on tether devices like RE550.

Is there other way to use my manage switch on RE550?  

Options
Re:Managed Switch with tether device (RE550) network Freeze
2024-02-06 09:43:28

Hi @Chris_MIS 

Chris_MIS wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your reply.

I connect RE550 one by one, on the sixth RE550 the network freeze, so I check the LAN cables(no problem found)

next, I connected the other batch of 6 RE550, so the same thing happened.

after restarting the switch I check the systems logs.  I found a warning threshold high of 87% same time the network froze.

Next, I replaced the tplink  manage switch with another brand but sadly same result. 

what I did was I used my old Unmanaged switch and connected all RE550... then finally NO NETWORK FREEZE. for 24 hours seems no problem with the Re550.

So I'm confused, about using Manage switch on tether devices like RE550.

Is there other way to use my manage switch on RE550?  

It freezes for a reason. What does the log say?

It seems to be a loop to me. I am still pointing you in this way.

If you say an unmanaged switch can make it work, I am suspicious about this statement. I still think you should take a full check in your system.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 3

Related Articles