Is my NAS visible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is my NAS visible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Is my NAS visible?
Is my NAS visible?
2024-02-08 16:22:02
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm sure this has been asked many times before but I couldn't find the answer. Apologies upfront!

I have my Deco system set up in router mode. The main unit is connected to the WiFi Router/modem that my broadband arrives through. The WiFi for this router is switched on and is used and some devices are also connected by network cables.

I want to know that if I connect a NAS to one of my Deco unit, will it be visible/accessible to anyone connected to the main (non-Deco) router? Or is it only visible to anyone connected directly to the Deco units?

TVM.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is my NAS visible?
2024-02-08 16:38:29 - last edited 2024-05-20 11:36:09

@ThePour 

In a double NAT scenario like yours the NAS would be visible only to devices connected to Deco network.

Despite that you could still port-forward services that are configured on the NAS on Deco main router.

Thus you can access services like websites, FTP, photos, videos, etc. from your ISP router network.

If you don't have any special need for Deco to be in router mode then switch Deco to AP mode and all devices in your local network would be visible to each other.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options