Connecting my Swann security camera to RE650 wifi extender - 0 clients?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-12 09:33:39

Hi guys,

Advice and help please! I'm not too technically capable so please play gently! Thanks!

I've recently purchased a Swann NVW-800 security camera system with x4 wifi enabled cameras.

It was clear the two cameras intended for the rear of the property were picking up very poor to non existent wifi signal due to the proximity of our modem router at the front of the house. So I've today purchased a RE650 wifi extender. The RE650 is successfully connected & linked up to my home modem router, is showing strong signal at 2.4 & 5GHz and is now positioned within very close proximity of both of the intended rear cameras.

But the cameras are clearly not picking up the stronger signal from the extender as the tether app is claiming there are '0 clients' attributed or connected to the RE650? The signal showing on my Swann system for the two rear cameras is as poor/non existent as it was prior to purchasing the extender today. So the cameras again are clearly not taking or picking up the stronger wifi signal from the RE650 as they should.

How do I fix this please? Our wifi modem router is an Optus Sagemcom Gateway F@st 5366 TN model.

Thanks again for your advice and help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting my Swann security camera to RE650 wifi extender - 0 clients?
2024-02-12 15:08:52

@MikeDixonN4 

Try resetting the rear cameras and setting them up from scratch once you already have the RE up and running in your network.

If the issue persists set the extended wireless network SSID to be different than your host wireless network SSID.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options