Confusing speeds with Deco X20 3 nodes

2024-02-12 16:33:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231026 Rel. 62511

Hi.

I've just gotten a new fiber connection of 1000/1000mbit.

My old mesh network (airties 4920) worked fine for internet, but lacked wifi6 (ax) and thus was too slow to get good results with Meta Quest 3 on wifi. I therefore wanted to upgrade my mesh as well and chose Deco x20 due to affordability.

The Quest 3 works excellent, but my internet speeds are very disappointing.

When cabled directly to the IPS provided router I get about 650/900 which is unimpressive already, but that's a different matter.

When I cable connect run through the Deco nodes I get about 100/300. And that's even on the node closest to the "main", and it sits in direct line of sight only 8 meters (about 24ft) from main. I get about the same speed in my gaming room where there is a couple of walls between.
I get the same results with both cabled laptop and desktop.
With wireless on the desktop i get 80/200. Same with laptop in office.

When sitting less than 2m/6ft from main Deco, and verify in the app, that this is where the laptop is connected, I get 100/400

All connections are with 1Gbit cables and wifi are ax/wifi6 verified.

When i test the internet speeds in the Deco app on my phone I get 621/715. I'm guessing this is the speed that the main Deco has with the internet, because speedtest app on same phone and location only yields 250/300, which is still better than any computer but still far from Deco app number.

No difference in either AP or Router mode. 

Any suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 0

Related Articles