Deco X55, some devices can't conenct to 2.4G

2024-02-13 12:57:30
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230301 Rel. 53300

Hi,

I purchased routers deco X55 3x and have only basic Wifi configuration like name and security, where I can found advanced settings like channel selection and similar?

Some smoke detector devices can't connect to 2.4G from unknown reason while worked fine on old dlink Wifi router, how I can investigate what is reason?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55, some devices can't conenct to 2.4G
2024-02-13 13:25:28 - last edited 2024-02-13 13:35:41

@SanWin 

Deco is consumer grade WiFi mesh. What you see in Deco app is what you get. There is no channel selection option, for example.

I am assuming this is your first WiFi mesh, coming from standalone WiFi router. Older devices which do work just fine with standalone router might have issues connecting to WiFi mesh because they have problem with one of the following:

1. WiFi mesh: multiple WiFi nodes broadcasting same SSID/password;

2. Dual band: same SSID/password broadcasting on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.

These would be their problem with WiFi mesh regardless of brand, not Deco mesh specific. 

Your Deco X55 has an option of running IoT network. Turn that on, leave with default 2.4GHz only band, see if smoke detectors can connect to it. See FAQ document: What is an IoT Network?

If still no luck, check WiFi Security settings (WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK) on dlink router and set it same way on Deco IoT network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 1

Related Articles