Existing Deco S4 - switching ISP - will my port forward and address reservation still be valid?

Existing Deco S4 - switching ISP - will my port forward and address reservation still be valid?

2024-02-14 19:35:04 - last edited 2024-02-18 06:43:53
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 build 20220113 ref 42007

Hi There, My current Deco S4's are set-up in router mode going through a Virgin router which is in modem mode.

I am switching to Vodafone FTTP this week and whilst at first, I was thinking I might just (for ease) switch the Deco's over to AP mode (vodafone router has no Modem only mode) having done a bit more research, I am now feel more confident in how to set-up the Deco's with the ONT, keeping them in router mode and displace the VF router after it has all been set up by CIty Fibre and proven working first.

My query is, I have port forwarding set-up on the Deco just for my CCTV DVR so it can be accessed away from home and I also set the DVR to have a reserved I.P.

Will these deco settings be maintained when I switch it over to PPoE using my VF credentials etc. ( I applied these port fwd settings a good few years ago and found it a pain to get the DVR stream working so just hoping they retain and it still works although I guess I will still have to edit my WAN settings in the DVR)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Existing Deco S4 - switching ISP - will my port forward and address reservation still be valid?-Solution
2024-02-15 15:30:48 - last edited 2024-02-18 06:43:53

@Hobnobs 

Port forwarding and address reservation should not be dependent on the Deco WAN port configuration.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Existing Deco S4 - switching ISP - will my port forward and address reservation still be valid?-Solution
2024-02-15 15:30:48 - last edited 2024-02-18 06:43:53

@Hobnobs 

Port forwarding and address reservation should not be dependent on the Deco WAN port configuration.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Existing Deco S4 - switching ISP - will my port forward and address reservation still be valid?
2024-02-15 16:30:19

@terziyski 

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 2

Related Articles