Can EAP610-Outdoor connect WiFi 6 to AT&T BGW320 GW (AP mode) and wired to Ethernet client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can EAP610-Outdoor connect WiFi 6 to AT&T BGW320 GW (AP mode) and wired to Ethernet client?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-16 04:32:51
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need a wireless access point (for outdoors) that can connect via WiFi 6 to my primary router (actually the AT&T BGW320 fiber gateway), but also allow me to connect a wired Ethernet client to the access point.

The EAP610-Outdoor looks like it could do this.

I believe it only has 1 Ethernet port, which I could use for my wired Ethernet client (which doesnt have WiFi capability).

Will this work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can EAP610-Outdoor connect WiFi 6 to AT&T BGW320 GW (AP mode) and wired to Ethernet client?
2024-02-16 14:42:37

@Daniel_Siegel 

Not as such no.

With a pair of 610's and a controller you could mesh them and use the remote end's ethernet port for what you want.  But that isn't cheap and is overkill.

Otherwise, what you really want is just a wifi-ethernet bridge device.  I suspect the CPE210 or CPE510 bridge devices could do this, but I don't have any experience with using them with a 3rd party AP (the CPE would go into 'client' mode)...but not sure if they meet your WiFi6 requirement.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 1

Related Articles