Votes

Mesh Deco system export/import feature

Votes

2024-02-16 17:54:20 - last edited 2024-02-16 18:20:56
Tags: #export/import settings

Since the WEB UI interface has yet to be added to all mesh Deco systems how about adding a feature to export/import network configurations into an excel table.  Your products are not advertised as dummies ONLY, advanced users get highly disappointed when we find out the simplicity of your user interface.  We have no need to purchase more expensive products when the products we purchased is advertised to do what we need.  You just choose not to add the features requested.  We need a better way to manage and to access our routers.  I personally am having issues with my system and the only answer tech support can tell me is to factory reset and start over.  I have spent a lot of hours messing with a tiny cell phone screen entering the settings.  Now I am being told to I need to start over because your "idiot proof UI" is bugged.  How about adding a feature to export our settings to an excel readable format (csv,txt,xlsx).

1. So I don't have spend several more hours/days redoing what was lost.
  2. Advanced users can open the excel file on their computers with a large screen with keyboard and mouse then edit to upload to the device.

Before you say well our system is perfect, and I don't need that feature.  From years of experience of managing my own network this is the first device I have purchased that DIDN'T have a WEB UI with advanced user feature!!  I have owned and used Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, Mikroteck, and Ubiquiti.  I had decided to go TP-LINK because I own several of your smart switches and a few unmanaged.  They are built very well and solid machines.  absolute 5 stars!  But you have dropped the ball on the Deco Mesh UI.  In our home office setup over the years, I have had problems with the DHCP server would go offline, devices being offline, and no one could connect to the LAN or it would come back up with reassign address.  To solve this, I started assigning static addresses to devices that must connect 24/7 so no more problems.  Granted it isn't all that advanced, but it is beyond the current capability of the current Mesh UI.  I believe my network has had about 75 devices connected over the 2 years I have been using your Mesh system but only about 50 devices have either static IPs, user settings, or preferred node assigned.  So, see why I have a huge problem with your narrow minded thinking.  Your products basically say the exact same thing that all your competitor’s ads do, but you don't mention the complete lack of usability of a Web UI. 

Even a simple export like the example I posted below would be a huge step forward.  I also would like to see more device options added instead of generic entertainment or other options.  Add Gaming (XBOX, Switch, PS, etc.), Smart TV, and sound bar or just allow custom write in our own device category.

This would solve so many issues.

IP Address

MAC Address

Device

User

Switch

Office

Server

Office

Printer

Office

Computer

Office

User1

Computer

Office

User2

Computer

Office

dhcp

TV

Home

dhcp

Cell

User1

dhcp

Laptop

Home

User2

dhcp

Cell

Home

User2

XBOX

Bedroom

Adding an option to export / import port forwarding would be nice as well but I can re-enter 6 port forward settings faster than reconfigure my network preferences. I haven't used the parental settings but I still assign a users so I know who's device is connected and using internet. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh Deco system export/import feature
2024-04-02 03:25:58

Well I have demoted the x55 Deco, it is now just an access point. (lets see if it can at least handle that!)

The cloud keeps showing me my old deleted networks and makes changes.  When I exchanged emails with the elevated tech support promised that my original lan with the M5 was deleted from the cloud.  Showed back up again over the weekend.  I reuse my SSID names so I don't have to go back and redo ALL my wifi devices.  Someone really should change the way an account is tracked but a unique account number.  So when the end users abandon a setup and reestablish using the old SSID it doesn't conflict with the old networks.

Please ditch the cloud or give the end users the option to opt out!!  I fix the network and have it running perfect, then the cloud syncs and tries to activate the old network that has been changed or moved.

Options
RE:Mesh Deco system export/import feature
2024-04-11 19:40:34
I agree with the autor, more features like this should be added
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 193

Replies: 2

Voters 2

Tags

export/import settings