Connect Router to Mobile Hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-17 03:55:32
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to find a list of WiFi Routers that will connect to a mobile hotspot. I don't have wired internet, so I want to use my Android phone as a hotspot.

I can't tell if this requires Access Point Mode, or if that's just for connecting multiple routers as extenders. I only want a single device to act as as WiFi LAN, and connect to a mobile hotspot. Ideally connect wirelessly to the hotspot, but I could live with a USB connection if I have to.

There are some guides that indicate a "Hotspot Mode" but I can't find any recent models that have this.

What models will support this? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect Router to Mobile Hotspot
2024-02-17 14:16:07

@JiFi 

Here's a thread on the same matter.

I think that these routers can be used to connect to your hotspot. (using either WISP mode, RE mode or WDS feature).

You should bare in mind that if your mobile device emitting the hotspot wireless signal on a 5GHz channel 149 (some mobiles do that) this won't work because the routers in the list don't support this wireless channel.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Connect Router to Mobile Hotspot
2024-02-18 06:53:05 - last edited 2024-02-18 06:54:00

Thanks @terziyski 

I saw the earlier thread but still wasn't sure what to look for. I tried a couple of TP-Link options but couldn't get it to work. I tried an Asus and it worked straight away, although only with a USB tether. I'll stick with that for now, but appreciate your tips and might try your suggestion later.

Options