M4 (v3) mesh instable after firmware update 1.6.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-20 06:58:37
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

After a M4 (v3) firmware update to 1.6.1, my mesh is instable. The update was pushed in my management console of the Deco app. I have 3 M4s in my mesh and the slaves are loosing connection to the master, which means: no internet. Even if the slaves have connection, the speed is very bad (8MB instead of the expected >250MB). 

I rebooted the M4s after the upgrade (removed power supply for > 1 minute), no resolution.

I removed the slaves from the mesh and put them back in, but no resolution.

I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.5.0 in the web portal, but apparently you cannot downgrade to a lower version. (why???)

What can I do? Before the update my mesh was working fine for over 2 years. Now I cannot work at home, since my internet connection is lost, slow, or can't be trusted.

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 (v3) mesh instable after firmware update 1.6.1
2024-02-20 07:35:19

What I just noticed... (after 2 days of troubleshooting)

Since my 3 M4s are connected by ethernet cable (because wifi connection is not possible due to the long distance and thick walls/floors), my mesh should be in AP mode. Well.... it seems that the update resets the value to default. And default is a connection by wifi. I changed it to AP and the 3 M4s are connected by cable, instead of wifi.

This would be the solution. BUT: after I checked that the M4s are connected by cable (in the app you can see the blue cable icon, instead of the green wifi icon), somehow the connection is lost and it is restored as wifi. I restarted all M4s, hoping that this will resolve the issue.

Keep you posted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles