Can I expand WiFi via LAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-22 20:44:25
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

Question that's bothering me is can I connect a new router to existing one and have a Onemesh wifi?

The problem is that in the current position my RE305 extender is on the limits of the reach of main router (AX53) and I want to substitute it with a router (potentially Archer C64) and to have the best possible signal I can connect it thorugh existing TL-PA4020P kit. The sketch below will make it clearer.

Problems are with thick walls...

So, can I connect AX53 and C64 via TL-PA4020P powerline to emit Onemesh Wifi on both routers and RE300?

Thanks for your help :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I expand WiFi via LAN?
2024-02-23 03:38:23

@KAMENi 

You can set this up the way you want as both the AX53 and C64 support building Easymesh over an ethernet backhaul.

Take a look at this guide on how to place your router for optimal reception and performance.

This way you'll reduce the number of devices needed to cover the whole premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Can I expand WiFi via LAN?
2024-02-23 03:39:40

@KAMENi 

Hi, in theory, it should work, the powerline connection should be able to transmit the Ethernet Backhaul as well. 

However, please note that the powerline link rate between the two powerline units might cause the satellite router C64 speed slow.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 2

Related Articles