[SOLVED] TP Link Archer (TX50E) AX3000 won't display

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-23 08:34:44 - last edited 2024-02-23 20:10:24
Model: Archer TX50E  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

Hello everyone!

I build a custom PC for a month now and i was having some problems with sudden shutdowns every one in a while. (At this point, the wifi card worked just fine)

Today i wanted to play some Tekken 8 and after i joined a match, my pc went dead. Had to remove everything exept for the CPU and Cooler.

The thing is that , after removing the CMOS, i could get display only after flashing my bios version to the one i had to update when i built the PC (7C56v1F), in ordor to make thing work with the gen 5 CPU.

Everything seems fine now, but there is the problem: The wifi adapter won't show up anywhere. As said, it worked fine until this event. When i first installed it, it could find Wifi networks, but did not connect to any until i installed the software. Now it won't display anywhere, and the WIFI option in the Network Center is nowere to be found.

Here is a list of things that i tried:

1. Remove the entry in Device Manager (shown as hidden) - uninstalling the drivers and reinstall ( didn't work) - It displayed the message "one or more issues caused the setup to fail"
2. Tried to install the newest intel wifi drivers (23.20.0) with no avail despite the fact that it said it was succesfull.
3. All the steps in tutorials over yt, with commands in CMD.
4. There is no other PCIE slot available, the MoBo having only the one for the GPU and this addtional one that the Adapter is installed in.

* As a side note, the bluetooh part of the card is working just fine.
** Despite the fact that i could build the pc, i'm still a noob in this domain, so, this might left some info unspoke. Just ask and i'll gladly answer.
*** For anyone wondering, MOST of the cases of sudden shutdown were caused by the A-XMP profile selected in the BIOS. Disabling it solved (mostly) the problem.

I hope i'm not the only one here with kind of problem and maybe you guys can help me because it is driving me crazy.

Here is my configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
GPU: ASUS Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 8GB
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Kingston Fury
Mother Board: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
Storage: 1 TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD
                2 TB Crucial P5
PSU: Gamemax GX650
Wifi adapter: TP Link Archer AX3000 wifi 6

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Archer (TX50E) AX3000 won't display-Solution
2024-02-23 17:48:09 - last edited 2024-02-23 20:09:54

@woozle 

Back with the news:

Looked closely on the Mobo and saw a 4 pin PCIe slot, switched the slot to that and now works just fine! Thank you for the support!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer (TX50E) AX3000 won't display
2024-02-23 10:57:47

@Bursucel27 

Hi,

Does the Device Manager of Windows currently show a "Intel Wi-Fi AX200 160 MHz" network adapter or not?

By the way, if I google for "MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus", then I get shown a motherboard that has two PCIe x16 slots and two more PCIe x1 slots.

Is it possible to shuffle some cards around for testing?

Options
Re:TP Link Archer (TX50E) AX3000 won't display
2024-02-23 11:39:18

@woozle Hi!
Thank you for the reply!

1. In Device Manager it showed the netwrok adapter, but just whe i uncovered the hidded devices.
Here i tried to reinstall the drivers since the setup didn't proceed because "one or more errors occured and the setup could not continue" message dislayed when i tried to do it first time. After uninstalling and deleting the drivers it didn't work as well.

2. Will check better to see the PCIE ports, think i missed them. Right now i'm at work, but will try this in a few hours and i will return with a reply.

Options
Re:TP Link Archer (TX50E) AX3000 won't display-Solution
2024-02-23 17:48:09 - last edited 2024-02-23 20:09:54

@woozle 

Back with the news:

Looked closely on the Mobo and saw a 4 pin PCIe slot, switched the slot to that and now works just fine! Thank you for the support!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 3

Related Articles