Archer BE550 BE800 BE900 wifi configuration problem HELP

2024-02-24 20:55:01
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Cannot modify certain wifi settings through tether app.

Tried to select "hide network" option and also WPA3 on 5Gz network and WPA2/3 OM 2.4G and there is no button to accept changes on that screen. I could only press the back button where I find a Done button that's greyed out.

Now I found a work around is to change to hide network then wpa3 as I like then press back button then click the password field and delete and re-add a character which will allow the Done button to highlight...then I click that and it's set...but not really.

There is an additional step from that screen you have to go back one level and click Save but the Save is greyed out. There is no work around to trick the save to be highlighted so essentially I'm stuck with only WPA2 and unbidden networks.

This is with latest firmwares. Factory reset, etc etc.

It's happens on all three models this is unfathomable. Need advice. Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer BE550 BE800 BE900 wifi configuration problem HELP
2024-02-26 08:24:54

@ArchAngels 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

Please try to login the web interface of the router via tplinkwifi.net and check if you will be able to modify the wireless settings successfully.

For the Tether App issue, please make sure the App is up to date, let us know the App version, your phone model no. and system version. We will run similar tests on our end to see if the issue can be reproduced.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer BE550 BE800 BE900 wifi configuration problem HELP
2024-02-28 18:26:36

@Sunshine 

Thank you the web interface worked. Regarding the Tether app not sure the version but it's the latest on Android. I've tried it on a few different phones and same thing. S21, 22, and 23 does not work. All hardware and software is the latest.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 2

Related Articles