Connection issues - Deco X50

2024-02-25 09:34:43
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 build 20231122

I've just purchased an X50 mesh system and have set this up in AP mode to my ISPs router. Whilst this seems to be working ok, I'm having issues with it connecting to or maintaining a connection with multiple devices wirelessly (including devices running on iOS 16 and Android 14). This did connect ok when I initially set up the X50 yesterday but I did notice connection to the App kept dropping out and then this morning it won't connect at all and I'm getting a "limited connection" or "no internet connection" messages. There is definitely an internet connection as wired devices are working. 

This appears to be a common issue but I can't seem to find any solutions online. I've tried restarting the X50's and phone, and I've tried forgetting the network and adding it again but no joy.

Are there any other settings I could try or are these just faulty?

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Connection issues - Deco X50
2024-03-02 10:20:20
As a quick update, the issue seems to have been caused due to connecting a powerline adapter to the original router via ethernet rather than via the X50 via ethernet with the X50 connected to the original router. No idea why this is the case but seems to have restored WiFi connection.
Options
2024-06-03 11:17:57 - last edited 2024-06-03 11:20:20

@RDMH

Hello,

I see that you've had some issues with using Powerline adapters (CPL) along with the Deco network. Did the issues stop after you stopped using the Powerline adapters?

I am experiencing a lot of connection problems that might match your observations. (I use two Powerline adapters for an old TV in another room).

Thank you in advance for your response!

Options
2024-06-03 11:55:46

@SNounours, I ended up returning the X50s and changing them for a 3pk of Eero Pro 6e instead. The Eeros took me about 10 minutes to set and have been absolutely flawless since. They also work perfectly with the powerline adapters, in fact I managed to replace 2 of the powerline adapters and have the devices plugged into the satellite Eeros. 

I've had zero connectivity issues since switching and couldn't recommend them enough. 

I think if you're using the X50s in connection with your ISPs router and powerline adapters you're going to run into problems that TP-Link support can't help you with. Also, if you're living in Europe and need support you'll need to either stay up in the middle of the night or get up very, very early.

Hope this helps.

Options
2024-07-24 06:33:34

@RDMH 

Hello, I did just find this post with X50 and Powerline. I upgraded my 3 pack Deco M4 with a 3 pack Deco X50 and experience connection problems. The M4 had no problems. With the X50 I have a garden camera what gave me problems that I could not get live stream anymore. Each time when connecting the connection drops.

Interesting fact that I also have a Powerline for years in my house to another device. Could this be the problem. Really ? How?

I replaced back to the M4 and connection is perfect again.

Im in state to return the X50 because I was very disappointed that it does not perform.

Options
2024-07-27 11:37:30

Update (solved hopefully)

Want to tell that the problem seems to be solved (hopefully).

I Googled a lot and also swapped the old and new Deco's 4-5 times (including configuration). Ready to return the X50's.

Via google I landed on this page.

I was about connection problems wit X50 and Powerline adapters. Stange.

But I use also Tp-link power line adapters and went on with the experiment. I pulled out the powerline adapers and configured new the X50 (I'm using the Accespoint modus). After setup it seemed stable. I did leave it a night and the next day the problem camera was still steady. Next after a day I plugged in the powerline adapter (I can't do without it) and still no problems. Yes!

Till now (few days) it looks good.

What I also did was in the Deco app to set the wifi band (2,4GHz) and deco pod (living room) which I wanted to be connected for this camera. I went also another camera to connect to 5GHZ (ping vallues where better afterwards).

Hope someone else can confirm this. Find it very strange if it has something to do with the powerline adapters.

Getting a 500-700Mb/s speedtest on my M1 iMac on wifi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 1600

Replies: 5

Related Articles