Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App

2024-02-26 06:10:09 - last edited 2024-02-26 06:10:48

TP-Link has recently implemented Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in the Tether app, which brings several advantages over traditional login methods.

What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?

2FA is a security feature that helps add an extra layer of security to your account. With it enabled, a new device that signs into the Tether App with your TP-Link account information will be asked to enter a time-sensitive verification code to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access.
This feature adds an extra layer of security to mitigate the risk of password leaks and significantly improves the overall security of user accounts.

Please refer to this thread for more details: Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App 

If you have had the opportunity to experience it and have any questions or encountered any issues, we kindly request that you leave your comments on the above thread
For any other product-related questions or issues, feel free to start a new thread in the corresponding product section.

Options
2 Reply
Re: Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App
Monday - last edited Monday

I changed my password and every time i want to log in it gaves me uncorrect passcode

Options
Re: Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App
Monday

@yskwifi 

Hi, do you mean the password of your TP-Link ID, or local password to login the device? can you tell which one you've changed?

Please share with us screenshots of the error message.

Options