Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App

2024-02-26 03:43:29 - last edited 2024-02-26 07:08:23

What is Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?

2FA is a security feature that helps add an extra layer of security to your account. With it enabled, a new device that signs into the Tether App with your TP-Link account information will be asked to enter a time-sensitive verification code to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access.
This feature adds an extra layer of security to mitigate the risk of password leaks and significantly improves the overall security of user accounts.

How to Set up Two-Factor Authentication on Tether APP?

Note: We are gradually releasing the 2FA feature for Tether App via cloud and it is randomly available for some TP-Link accounts only, If you still cannot see this feature now, please wait patiently.

1. Launch the Tether APP, sign in using your TP-Link account. Subsequently, the 2FA prompt will automatically appear.  Click on "Turn on Two-Step Verification."

If you prefer not to activate 2FA immediately, you can select "Maybe Later." If you want to activate 2FA later, please navigate to the menu icon in the upper left corner, then select "View Account" > "Login Security."

2. Input your TP-Link account and password and click "Confirm." A verification code will be dispatched to your email. Enter this code and click "Turn On." If you don’t receive the verification code, please click “Resend Code”. 

Note: The verification code will expire in 10 minutes, if it wasn't you who request the code, someone may be trying to access your account, you can change your password to secure your account.

3. Select the trusted devices from the current login list. With Two-Factor Authentication enabled, both a password and verification code will be required for logins from unrecognized devices. We offer two methods to receive the verification code: Tether APP notifications(default method) and email.

4. Additionally, the login security page displays trusted devices and login activities. If you want to remove any trusted Devices, please navigate to “Login Security”>”Trusted Devices”, you will find a list of all trusted devices. Click on the “X”next to the device you want to remove, then click “REMOVE” to remove the device from your Trusted Devices list.

QA&Troubleshooting

1. How to turn off Two-Factor Authentication in Tether App?

Please navigate to the sidebar settings in the upper-left corner, then select "View Account" > "Login Security", turn off “Two-Step Verification”, input the password of your TP-Link account and the code received via email.

2. What should I do if I cannot receive the verification code via Tether App notification? 

• Enable Notification permission for Tether APP on App Settings->Notifications page.
  • Tap ‘Resend’ to resend verification code.
  • Ensure sure your phone is connected to the internet.
  • Ensure that your Tether APP is up to date and is able to receive other notifications.
  • Tap ‘Did not receive a code?’ on the bottom > Receive Code via Email> tap Send Code

3. What should I do if I cannot get the verification code in my email inbox?

1) Check your Spam or Junk folder.

2) Ensure that you are using the correct email account. Tap the three lines icon on Tether App and hit the Account Icon on the top left to verify it.
3) Add TP-Link email address ' no-reply@email.tp-link.com ' into Whitelisted email senders or Safe Senders as this FAQ

4) Ensure your phone is connected to the internet and your Tether App is up to date.

4. What if I receive a verification code but I am not using any new device to try logging in my account? 
If you receive a verification code but you do not recognize the device that sent the request, there is a chance that your account password has been compromised – but do not worry, the unrecognized user will be unable to login without the code provided by either your email or notification to another trusted device.
We recommend immediately changing your account password and changing any other services that may use the same password. You can mitigate the chances of this happening to you by following these principles:

• Create a Strong Password with a Mix of Numbers, Letters and Capitals
  • Do not Reuse the same password across multiple platforms
  • Use a password generator and manager

Feedback

We value your feedback on the 2FA feature. If you have had the opportunity to experience it and have any questions or encountered any issues, we kindly request that you leave your comments here. Your input is essential in ensuring the effectiveness of the feature and directly impacts the release timeline.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Introducing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Tether App
2024-02-26 20:18:06

Guys, isnt better first to finaly fix the problems of your the two most used routers, Im waiting few mounts to get respond of you

I mean AX73 and AX55 in Easy mesh or whatever you calling it.I saw those two routers in the shop and decided to give it a try It was in the label of the box "Mesh network" .Now I have a headache everyday with my network constantly slowing and restarting...

I swear I never going to buy anything called TP-Link again.How can your product not do just the simple job that is made for ?

Explain it to me please ? Becouse I only tried to do my network with a few clicks and I have few wireless divices, and the network works no more than few hours.

How embarassing the support is like a cheap chinese factory...

Options
2024-02-27 00:58:34

@pmt2 

Hi, upon checking, your case related to this thread was escalated to our senior engineer via email for further investigating and analysis in January, however it seems that our senior engineer didn't receive any reply, and since the issue cannot be reproduced on our end, the senior engineer cannot follow up to locate the issue.

If there is still any problem with your TP-Link router now, please reply the email from our senior engineer for following up.

Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated!

Options
2024-02-27 13:18:32 - last edited 2024-02-27 20:55:17

@Sunshine 

To reply what exactly ???

I already replyed in the forum? Im a costumer not a tester and I dont have a time to test your problems ? Other people have the same problem as me just read my previous posts.

Get two routers: AX73 v2 and plug it in the internet then get AX55 v1 and make wired Mesh network.Make Wifi with the app and watch in few hours how everything is crashing and slowing down.Those routers are in every shop and I wanted to build Wifi in my house and forget it.

What more you want me to explain ?

Options
2024-02-28 01:24:46

@pmt2 

May I know if you received and checked the email from our senior engineer?
I've checked the email and our senior engineer would like to have a remote assistance to investigate the issue because we have run the same tests and the the issue cannot be reproduced on our end.

In addition, a new beta firmware based on the pre-release firmware has been provided to you in that email. If you have tested it but still has the same issue, please reply the email to provide the results and whether remote assistance is possible. Our senior engineer will continue to follow up.

By the way, this thread is not relevant to your case, it is highly appreciated if you could continue to follow up your case via the email, or start a new thread if there is any new issue or questions.

Options
2024-03-21 16:40:11
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Sunshine two-factor authentication (2FA) using a TOTP app on mobile or desktop would be great 

Options
a week ago

@rajarshikhatua 

Thank you very much for the feedback, we will record your suggestion and report to related teams.

Options