M4R V2 latest firmware break 2.4 devices conectivity

2024-03-03 19:45:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Recently I updated my Deco's to latest firmware version and almost all my 2.4 devices lost connectivity to internet. The devices are able co connect to the network, and all the network settings are fine but the device cannot reach internet. Not sure if I have to change a configuration but right now I already do a factory reset to a TV Samsung 65" and a Xbox 360.

Already tried to disable an re-enable the fast rooming option, reinstallation of the firmware. Don't want to do a rollback, as maybe the configurations that I have cannot be restored form the backup, but only want to make sure that it's my only option.

Options
2 Reply
Re:M4R V2 latest firmware break 2.4 devices conectivity
2024-03-04 09:00:45

@Wolfranious 

Hi, if you enable a 2.4GHz-only guest network, would the 2.4GHz mobile devices get internet via the guest network?

Please also try to power restart Deco once, and then disable/enable the 2.4GHz band under main Network Settings.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:M4R V2 latest firmware break 2.4 devices conectivity
2024-03-05 16:34:42

@David-TP , thanks for your reply. I already did what you recommend and still having the issue. Not sure if it's something related to a the Deco config or in the devices. It's very frustrating since all was working fine before the firmware update. I'll start to prepare the firmware rollback with the TFT tool and hope that the backup can be restored without any issue, I had a lot devices groups with different configurations.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 99

Replies: 2

Related Articles