What is the difference between MR600's Version 2 and Version 3

2024-03-06 15:40:50
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

What is the difference between MR600's Version 2 and Version 3 can anyone explain.

Options
5 Reply
Re:What is the difference between MR600's Version 2 and Version 3
2024-03-07 06:58:58

@Parag18 

Compared to MR600(EU) V2, MR600(EU) V3 has two main changes in the hardware.

1.Changed the SIM card slot to a Nano SIM card slot, so there is no SIM card adapter in the package anymore.

2.Optimized the design of the external LTE antenna, the external antennas look different, however, the external antennas are still detachable.

In software, MR600 V3 has added IPSec VPN on the official firmware.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-13 12:33:07

@Sunshine 

If your list (SIM card format, LTE Annnas, Software) is compete, then there really are no differences for
1. the chipset?
2. the circuit diagram?

I am asking this because if for the electronics V2 and V3 basically are the same, then you could easily and fully functionally flash a V3 with the OpenWRT firmware primarly matching V2. This would make another great option and certainly make V3 even more attractive to buy. Because V3 is a really nice LTE router. I already own 2 of them, being highly satisfied with them. And until now, I did not want to brick one of them erroneously while trying to flash OpenWRT for V2. Therefore, if you can confirm that electronically they basically are the same, then I will test-flash one of my V3 with OpenWrt for V2. And I certainly will post the result of it.

Options
2024-03-14 17:37:43

@daihedz 

Hi, are you sure that there is an OpenWRT version for the Archer MR600? I understood that the MR600 listed on OpenWRT is a completely different make (not TP-Link). Also, I understood that one of the difficulties for OpenWRT (and DD-WRT) is the X12 modem used by TP-Link. But maybe I am wrong.

Thus it would be great if TP-Link inputs to OpenWRT and/or DD-WRT to make this work.

If you have installed OpenWRT/DD-WRT on MR600 v3 succesfully I would be delighted to hear from you! 

Best

Options
2024-03-14 20:37:23

@Parag18 

There indeed seems to be binaries for the genuine TP-Link MR600:

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=23.05.2&target=ramips%2Fmt7621&id=tplink_mr600-v2-eu

However I realized that there is no "certified" OpenWRT HowTo. Instead, I only found a technically way too exorbitant Youtube HowTo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkU99-2onA

I certainly will not follow this "guide", because also the feedback posts are not so inviting to do so. Therefore I also hope and wait for OpenWRT to provide not only the binaries, but also some more foolproof advices for theirs installation.

Meanwhile, I pragmatically decided to revert to use the MR600's as LTE modems only and daysychain them with OpenWRT-flashed AVM Fritzbox 4020 or 4040 to provide the nifty OpenWRT bells and whistles. Both these models have a dedicated RJ45 WAN connector and 4 LAN connectors for easy connection in such a setup. I can tell from experience that this setup is functional, because I run two 4040 and one 4020 in exactly this configuration, all three AVM's flashed with OpenWRT.

Options
2024-06-01 02:20:13

@Sunshine Tomorrow i purchase Tp link Mr600 v3 Router

When i choose band selection manually. it always show there band only. but for your kind information here is Band 8 working. but this router is not showing band while searching. i have tried so many times but not showing band 8 to select. (With Airtel and jio).

I have also Tp Link MR6400 router in which i have beta version for band selection. In  that router Band 8, band 3 band 1 AND band 40 and 41 all are showing. But why not showing in this Mr600 please help me to sort out this issue. as i have to live stream and for that Band 8 is best working in my region.

I am attaching the photographs of the Router and screen shots of the same. Please feel free to contact any time,

Manpreet Singh. I have seen many videos in all videos Band 8 is showing but in my router why it is not showing? i think there is problem in your product please get it done or please return your product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 5

Related Articles