Quick Setup leads to No Internet Connection. Help.

2024-03-10 01:25:52
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Quick Setup
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.61837n(4555)

After I start the quick setup I select the right time zone. Then I use the auto detect to know what connection type I should use(sometimes it says Dynamic IP and sometimes it says PPPoE which is the more frequent one). I decided to use PPPoE. It asked me for a username and password. I put "admin" for both of them, but i don't know if that's right and then I select "None" for the Secondary Connection. Then for the ISP Profile, I select "None". For the Personalize Wireless Settings, I enable Smart Connections and Wireless Radio which i don't know if i need and then I use "TP-Link_6CEC" as the SSID and I type in my password. After all that, I click next and it starts connecting to the internet, but after a while, it says "No Internet Connection". I don't understand a lot about these types of things and i need help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Quick Setup leads to No Internet Connection. Help.
2024-03-10 12:29:06

@ArcherC6_13 

It's best to contact your ISP for help on the type of your internet connection.

It's quite different if you choose "Dynamic IP" or "PPPoE connection".

If your ISP uses PPPoE connection type you'll need a username/password which are not admin/admin for sure.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 107

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles