Ex230v bridge mode for ER605

2024-03-11 09:19:32 - last edited a week ago

Dear Experts,

I have an EX230V from my ISP and I have purchase an ER605 for using 2 ISPs for continuity of speed and higher availability. 

Switching the EX230V into bridge Mode is a preparation for the ER605 to handle it as a data source on the WAN port. Therefore I would like to know how to switch the EX230V into bridge  mode and how to access it in the future when it is in bridge mode. 

The ER605 is then the router of my choice. I didn't find any guide how to get it into bridge memoafrstode.

Thank you for your help!

Nemoadest

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ex230v bridge mode for ER605-Solution
2024-03-11 09:49:15 - last edited a week ago

@Nemoadest 

Ex230v is an ISP provided router and it might not have a bridge mode option for its WAN type connection:

Probably it's best to contact your ISP and ask whether that's possible or not.

In general modem routers have that option and the guide for setting them in bridge mode is here.

If after all, bridge mode is not possible, probably a DMZ to the ER605 WAN IP address would be the best approach.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Ex230v bridge mode for ER605-Solution
2024-03-11 09:49:15 - last edited a week ago

@Nemoadest 

Ex230v is an ISP provided router and it might not have a bridge mode option for its WAN type connection:

Probably it's best to contact your ISP and ask whether that's possible or not.

In general modem routers have that option and the guide for setting them in bridge mode is here.

If after all, bridge mode is not possible, probably a DMZ to the ER605 WAN IP address would be the best approach.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ex230v bridge mode for ER605
a week ago
I have done both, but on different hardware. The ISP Ex230V is now retired because the ISP gave me the PPPOE for its GPON ONT and it works straight away without a flaw. Second occasion I needed bridge mode was my second ISP with a ZTE F670L which has an inbuilt GPON ONT. This was not that straight forward because the ISP didn't want me to have the PPPOE credentials. But they have then confiured the DMZ mode and after 2 recalls of the technical service it works now, too. My next challenge is to bring MR600 to ER605 as the backup for both other ISPs going down.
Options
Re:Ex230v bridge mode for ER605
a week ago

@Nemoadest 

Good job. Refer this thread for MR600.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 156

Replies: 3

Related Articles