Unable to adopt EAP225 post firmware-upgrade

2024-03-11 15:58:37 - last edited 2024-03-12 20:43:18
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.0.0

Hi all,

I have an EAP225-Outdoor v1 which was running firmwarre 5.0.0. My controller version is 5.13.30 hosted in a docker container on an Ubuntu server on same network. I went to upgrade the firmware on the device to 5.1.1. I started the upgrade via the controller, which appeared to work fine, but after restarting and about 8 minutes in "adopting" status, the adoption failed with message:

"Upgrade failed: Unknown upgrade results. The devices cannot connect to the controller after upgrading. Please check your internet connection."

Internet connection is working fine, and I can't seem to find anything else wrong here. I tried restarting the device by power on/off, but does not seem to have made a difference. In the logs, I now see an entry stating "[Failed]Main Administrator admin failed to adopt Back Porch."

Suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to adopt EAP225 post firmware-upgrade-Solution
2024-03-12 19:42:07 - last edited 2024-03-12 20:43:18
OK... Did some more digging on this, and it looks like when I migrated from controller v4.x series to v5.x, I missed a new port. Added that to my docker-compose and it seems to be working now. Thank you for the help here!
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to adopt EAP225 post firmware-upgrade
2024-03-12 02:21:55

Hi @aravenel 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Your information is scattered.

What's the "Back Porch"? EAP225-Outdoor we are talking about in this post?

So, first, fix the problem of the failure to adopt. Search this FAQ and troubleshoot this.

Note that you will see an error when it fails. Stay on the page and wait for it.

The upgrade issue seems to be a problem coming from the adoption failure. Will not discuss it until the adoption is fixed.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-12 16:28:45
Hi--thanks for response! Yes, "Back Porch" is just the name of this particular device. I have read that FAQ, but unfortunately none of the errors listed there seem to apply. If I manually try to adopt, after a few minutes, I see the message: "Device adoption failed because the device does not respond to adopt commands".
Options
2024-03-12 19:33:18 - last edited 2024-03-12 19:34:12

@aravenel 

Factory default the EAP225-outdoor using the button located beside the ethernet jack inside the cover.  You should be able to adopt after the full reset.  If you old controller is around (as it likely is, gotta love containers!), the simply 'forget' the AP from the old controller, shut it down, fire up the new controller and then adopt.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Unable to adopt EAP225 post firmware-upgrade-Solution
2024-03-12 19:42:07 - last edited 2024-03-12 20:43:18
OK... Did some more digging on this, and it looks like when I migrated from controller v4.x series to v5.x, I missed a new port. Added that to my docker-compose and it seems to be working now. Thank you for the help here!
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 4

Related Articles