Unable to update Easymesh satellite router firmware from 1.2.3 Build
Unable to update Easymesh satellite router firmware from 1.2.3 Build
2024-03-11 19:19:31 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:50:27
Tags: #Firmware
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Good Evening,

I have 2 AX55 routers both V1 versions. One is the main router upstairs (this one is running 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555) and a secondary AX55 downstairs in Easymesh (stuck on 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473).

It appears the secondary router will not apply the same firmware version as the primary one. It can see an update is available but just gets stuck "Downloading". I also can't log into that router's web interface as I get "Rejected request under RE mode."

I'm getting tired of having to reset and update it manually when clearly the auto-update or even manually downloading does not work. What is going on TP-Link???Screenshot

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to update Easymesh satellite router firmware from 1.2.3 Build-Solution
2024-04-03 01:49:09 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:50:27

@ManicDefender 

Hi, TW/CA version official firmware has already been released, actually it is the same firmware for EU or US version of AX55 V1 but we are still waiting for it uploading to corresponding website, so if you don't want to stay on the beta firmware, you could download the official firmware from TW site for now and here is the download link: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2024/202402/20240222/Archer%20AX55(TW)_V1_240129.zip

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Unable to update Easymesh satellite router firmware from 1.2.3 Build
2024-03-12 12:19:24

@ManicDefender 

Hi, please move the satellite AX55 closer to your main router to ensure the signal received is strong enough, then try the online firmware update again on the main router EasyMesh page.

If the problem still exists, I am afraid you will need to reset the satellite router and update it via its own web interface.

Besides, there is a beta firmware for AX55 V1 which supported to access satellite AX55 web interface, if you reset the satellite AX55, you could update to that beta firmware: [Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

Note: the download link is still active.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-02 17:47:41

@Sunshine 

Is there a timescale for the beta firmware to be fully released? I am happy to try it but would not want to be running beta firmware long term

Good to see Easymesh/Onemesh working on routers though. Great for when access points aren't practical.

Options
Re:Unable to update Easymesh satellite router firmware from 1.2.3 Build-Solution
2024-04-03 01:49:09 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:50:27

@ManicDefender 

Hi, TW/CA version official firmware has already been released, actually it is the same firmware for EU or US version of AX55 V1 but we are still waiting for it uploading to corresponding website, so if you don't want to stay on the beta firmware, you could download the official firmware from TW site for now and here is the download link: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2024/202402/20240222/Archer%20AX55(TW)_V1_240129.zip

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-09 23:13:52

@Sunshine 

Thanks for the download link as many of us have been waiting for an official release.  After downloading and upgrading the firmware in my 2 network routers, everything is working flawlessly after a day in operation. The one thing that is most impressive is that the clients list of the main router shows the correct connection interface for connected devices.  Before, the list would show devices connected through the access point router as "wired" and it was necessary to go to the AP's GUI to see how the devices were actually connected.

As my network has several RE700X range extenders of which are located between the main and satellite routers, there used to be erratic behaviour and network failures when using EasyMesh. So far, everything is working OK and the EasyMesh topology map shown on the main router's GUI is stable.

The only minor problem noted initially was that when clicking the router's icon under Network Map, nothing would be displayed until the page was refreshed several times.  This problem was noted on different computers and with different operating systems (Win10 and Win11).  That was before EasyMesh was enabled on all the network devices.  Since enabling EasyMesh, the problem has not been noted.

As a final note, it may have taken awhile but the TP-Link team has done a great job in making the AX55 an excellent router.  Thanks again...

Options
2024-04-10 02:18:25

@jra11500 

Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback, really glad to hear that the new firmware works much better and solves previous problems. 

Regarding the minor problem, we will run more tests on our end to see if it can be reproduced.

Thank you once again for your long-term support and understanding. We will also continue to optimize our products and services.

Options
2024-04-10 07:34:06

@Sunshine 

I noticed on firmware 1.2.3 that under Easymesh satellite devices, the map does not show both routers. It only shows the main one. This does appear to have been fixed in the beta, but if anyone is trying to use Easymesh on older firmware, it's definitely buggy.

The second/mesh router I am able to connect to using the web interface and the Tether app after upgrading to the beta firmware. I have not applied the TW firmware yet. Maybe this should be seen as an urgent/important update for all users once it has been fully released.

On the beta, things appear much more stable. I just wish Easymesh/OneMesh would work in access point mode, as I have considered swapping out the main router and leaving the AX55's as access points.

Options
2024-04-10 07:37:19

@ManicDefender 

Hi, glad to hear that the AX55 V1 beta firmware works for you.

In addition, the beta firmware also supports EasyMesh in AP mode.

Options
a week ago

@Sunshine It's been more than a month since you said the official firmware was pending to be uploaded to the other stores, and my AX55 V1 (EU version from Spain) still doesn't have any firmware update available. When can we expect that 1.3.1 version with the beta updates (Ethernet Backhaul, EasyMesh in AP mode) to be released in EU? I was planning to purchase a second unity but I probably won't be doing it until the official firmware is released.

Options
Wednesday

@Sunshine 

Yeah please can we find out when the firmware will officially be uploaded to the UK website?

For now the TW official firmware appears to be working very well. It's all in English in case anybody was wondering. Sunshine posted the link above but for easy access its: https://static.tp-link.com/upload/firmware/2024/202402/20240222/Archer%20AX55(TW)_V1_240129.zip

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 605

Replies: 9

Tags

Firmware
Related Articles