Roaming APN settings with Lebara

2024-03-12 10:39:58 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:40:37
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220506 Rel.57555n

I'm away in Spain using the MR6400 to access the local mobile network by roaming. 

It works fine with my iD sim but I can't get it to work with Lebara. Has anyone else encounted this?

I have searched for Lebara APN settings and found this

APN Name   uk.lebara.mobi

Username    WAP

Password     WAP

I have created a profile with these fields but still no luck.

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Roaming APN settings with Lebara-Solution
2024-03-15 01:32:56 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:40:37

@currymaster 

Please note that you will need to use new ISP APN profile in Spain which depends on the ISP you will roam to in Spain instead of Lebara APN profile.

You could also insert the Lebara SIM card into your phone and check which network it connects in Spain and also check APN profile of the phone for comparison.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Roaming APN settings with Lebara
2024-03-13 08:47:40

@currymaster 

To use the data roaming function on a 4G LTE Router, you typically need to have an active data plan with your mobile service provider that includes international roaming services. It's important to note that data roaming may incur additional charges, and the rates for data usage vary depending on the mobile network and service provider.

By enabling data roaming on your SIM card and 4G LTE Router, you could stay connected to the internet and access online services while traveling abroad without the need for a local SIM card.

Please follow the steps below to enable Data Roaming on TP-Link 4G LTE Router:

1. Log into the Web UI via http://tplinkmodem.net

2. Go to Advanced > Network > Internet, and enable "Data Roaming".

If the data roaming feature doesn't work, you can perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Test the data roaming on another 4G device, such as a mobile phone, to verify if the issue is specific to the TP-Link 4G LTE Router or the SIM card.

2. Ensure that your TP-Link 4G LTE Router is using the correct APN profiles for the new mobile operator in the foreign country. The APN profiles determine the network settings required for data connectivity.

Options
Re:Roaming APN settings with Lebara
2024-03-14 15:06:31

@Sunshine 

Thank you for the reply.

I have already managed to use the roaming feature with my iD mobile sim (three uk network). The issue is when I try and use my Lebara sim even after creating a new profile for their APN settings. I thought perhaps someone else had come across the same issue.

Options
Re:Roaming APN settings with Lebara-Solution
2024-03-15 01:32:56 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:40:37

@currymaster 

Please note that you will need to use new ISP APN profile in Spain which depends on the ISP you will roam to in Spain instead of Lebara APN profile.

You could also insert the Lebara SIM card into your phone and check which network it connects in Spain and also check APN profile of the phone for comparison.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 3

Related Articles