RE315 number of clients and Mesh questions

2024-03-12 19:46:58
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.30 Build 230919

Dear TP-Link!

I could find it nowhere, what is the maximum number of clients with the RE315 in AP mode and in Extender mode. Is the max number limited altogether on both channels, or each channel has separate limitations?

I was also wondering, if behind a non TP-Link router I could use two RE315 in any mode to Mesh with each other (hop over wireless clients from one RE315 to the other)?

If I buy eg. a TP-Link AX23, what are the client number limitations on each device, having an RE315 added?

Is EasyMesh support on RE315 (and AX23) with new firmwares are the only MESH these support, or the TP-Link specific OneMesh still remains operational (ie. backward compatibility)? Or OneMesh comaptibility is replaced with EasyMesh standard (nor backward comaptible)?

I use large number of smart LED-s that don't need much bandwith and use only 2.4G channel.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE315 number of clients and Mesh questions
2024-03-13 09:35:22 - last edited 2024-03-13 09:39:58

DaSmith wrote

Dear TP-Link!

I could find it nowhere, what is the maximum number of clients with the RE315 in AP mode and in Extender mode. Is the max number limited altogether on both channels, or each channel has separate limitations?

Read through this blog for more details on your question.

I was also wondering, if behind a non TP-Link router I could use two RE315 in any mode to Mesh with each other (hop over wireless clients from one RE315 to the other)?

Theoretically it should be possible to use an Easymesh compatible router in combination with RE315. Easymesh is meant as a standard among different vendors.

If I buy eg. a TP-Link AX23, what are the client number limitations on each device, having an RE315 added?

Go through this thread for more details. For Archer AX23 check this press release. Higher AX routers can support 128 or even more clients.

Is EasyMesh support on RE315 (and AX23) with new firmwares are the only MESH these support, or the TP-Link specific OneMesh still remains operational (ie. backward compatibility)? Or OneMesh comaptibility is replaced with EasyMesh standard (nor backward comaptible)?

Easymesh REs are backward compatible with OneMesh routers.

I use large number of smart LED-s that don't need much bandwith and use only 2.4G channel.

@DaSmith 

Check the answers on your question inline.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options