Archer AX75 Forgot Device Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-14 23:20:43
Model: Archer AX75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20230606 rel.1786(5553)

I have forgotten the password for my device so need to do a factory reset. But I can login via web to my tp-link account which I did bind to the router. Questions:

*How do I reset device password without changing configuration/settings?

*If I backup configuration, reset settings, set up a new password for the device and then restore from backup, will the new device password work?

I just need advise on how to sort this out so that someone can access the device settings without my tp-link account.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX75 Forgot Device Password
2024-03-15 07:37:43

@dis69 

If you have completely forgotten the admin password, there is only one way to retrieve it: resetting the Router back to factory default.

To reset the Router, please press and hold the reset button on the Router's back panel using a pin until the light flashes.

Please note that the configuration file you backup includes the previous admin password as well, so after you restore from backup, the router admin password will be previous one again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Related Articles