Networking ...but its complicated

2024-03-18 11:11:28 - last edited 2024-03-19 00:55:09

Hi newbie here.

Please bare with me as this is complicated (to me anyway)

I have an airbnb in my garden and have pretty fast wifi from my house using an old bt router and a tp link AV200., this set up works great .

My issue is ive just bought a tapo C510W outdoor security camera and attached it to another outdoor building but the wifi is really weak. ive put another AV200 in that building but its still really bad.

My phone is connected to both house wifi and airbnb wifi,when i stand near outdoor camera my phones connects to airbnb connection and its really strong.

Thinking this is easy just add it to airbnb wifi but when i try it says'wifi password is incorrect' ive reset the camera many times to add new wifi but it wont accept it. I then took the camera into airbnb and reset it again ,this time password accepted and all working great untill i moved it back outside and plugged it back into other building. GRRR

So what are my options? Im really worried if i mess about too much i'll loose the connection to my airbnb.

Thank you to all who have taken time to try and understand my request. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Networking ...but its complicated
2024-03-19 06:44:22

@Heidiw 

Do you mean your router WiFi and the powerline extender WiFi are all working fine on your smartphone etc. but the Tapp Camera failed to connect them?

You'd better double check the wireless password and try to connect again, if the problem still happens only with the camera, you could start a new thread on the smart home community and Tapo Camera product section: Tapo Smart Cameras Forums - Smart Home Community

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 1

Related Articles