NEW AV1000 starter kit but won’t work - disconnects and also very slow

2024-03-18 15:44:38 - last edited 3 weeks ago

TL- PA7017 Kit 

AV1000

just purchased from Argos and plugged one into sky router 900mb fibre to property 

and plugged other in upstairs. 

1. it will pair and all 3 lights go on but the connection is terrible. Better on WiFi. 
2. If you plug anything else in another plug in the same room example computer monitor or PlayStation - the middle internet light goes out. 

Have you got any suggestions to help or do I need to return for something else. 

I didn't want a WiFi's extender as sky said than mess with your mesh with all the sky mini boxes. 
Just need one Ethernet port upstairs for a computer that is for gaming and doesn't not have Wi-Fi 

thank you 

I am not very technical but can get by with step by step guidance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:NEW AV1000 starter kit but won’t work - disconnects and also very slow -Solution
2024-03-19 06:55:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Aliwig 

Hi, it seems that there is too much powerline interference which causes the terrible connection speed, and powerline connection even stops working when you add one more device into the sockets in the same room.

It is recommended to try different wall sockets, move other electrical appliances away from the powerline units.

You could also check powerline rate between the two powerline units via tpPLC utility, if it is indeed too slow, refer to this guide to see if it can be improved: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:NEW AV1000 starter kit but won’t work - disconnects and also very slow -Solution
2024-03-19 06:55:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Aliwig 

Hi, it seems that there is too much powerline interference which causes the terrible connection speed, and powerline connection even stops working when you add one more device into the sockets in the same room.

It is recommended to try different wall sockets, move other electrical appliances away from the powerline units.

You could also check powerline rate between the two powerline units via tpPLC utility, if it is indeed too slow, refer to this guide to see if it can be improved: 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 95

Replies: 1

Related Articles