I want to ask a few question about open/nord/wireguard

2024-03-20 10:05:45
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi guys, I know how to use openvpn, ipsec, l2tp, pptp protocols on tplink devices. I have seen nordvpn and wireguard protocols added to new model devices. What is the difference between nordvpn and wireguard protocols? When I searched for nordvpn, I came across a few faq threads about it being done over openvpn. Do we need a static ip when using nordvpn and wireguard? I would like you to share detailed information about the protocols.

Options
3 Reply
Re:I want to ask a few question about open/nord/wireguard
2024-03-20 23:29:50 - last edited 2024-03-21 08:20:19

@yavuzy 

Probably this article could help you finding an answer to your question. For VPN Server you'll need a public IP address on your router WAN (Internet) port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-21 06:01:04

Hi @terziyski, As far as I understand, nordvpn and surfshark work as vpn server and connect with openvpn protocol. we can set up tplink devices as vpn client. anyway I need someone who can explain the situation in more detail.

Options
2024-03-21 08:23:57 - last edited 2024-03-21 08:26:18

@yavuzy 

Your question seemed to cover the NordVPN protocols. If you want to know more about VPN Client feature take a look at this blog.

Here's a guide on how to configure this feature on the devices that it is implemented.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles