Password is not available, cannot reset it

2024-03-26 16:57:04 - last edited 2024-03-26 18:31:30
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5c-62-8B-91-1B-42

A WiFi extender (RE200) was installed for solar panels. The company that installed the extender was outsourced by the solar company. My Samsung Galaxy phone does not recognise the extender so I cannot use it for WiFi calling, I have tried to obtain the password from the solar company but without luck thus far. I do not want to reset the extender password because it is part of a complex solar installation. Any ideas? Thanks!

More info:

When I try to login to the device using the Tether app, I am prompted as follows:

Enter Login Password

The login password is used to log in and manage your TP-Link device RE200j. It is NOT your TP-Link ID password or WiFi password.

Just to reiterate, I'm looking for the password of the device, not the WiFi network.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Password is not available, cannot reset it
2024-03-26 18:17:08 - last edited 2024-03-26 18:21:29

@caiside 

Hi,

Do you know whether the RE200 is working as a wireless range extender (i.e. receives Wi-Fi signal from elsewhere and then re-broadcasts it as a new Wi-Fi network) or as an "Access Point" (i.e. receives Internet via Ethernet cable from elsewhere and then creates a Wi-Fi network)?

In case the RE200 is working as a wireless range extender, then its Wi-Fi password is the same as the password of the original Wi-Fi network it connects to.

If the above is not the case, then you can check if any of the Wi-Fi devices that are already connected to the RE200 (your solar panel controller?) can reveal the Wi-Fi password to you. Whether that is possible or not depends on the particular system. Below is an example for Windows 10.

The "login password" for the RE200 is impossible to obtain other than from the person who set it.

Options
2024-03-26 18:34:03

@woozle 

Thanks for replying but I'm not looking for the WiFi password, I know that. It's the password of the device which according to the login screen of the Tether app cannot be the same as the WiFi password (and it's also not the WiFi password as I've tried that). 

Options
2024-03-26 18:56:59

@caiside 

Ok.

As I indicated in my previous post, there is no alternative way to obtain the present login password. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 3

Related Articles