Parental Control not working for AC1200 model

2024-03-27 06:56:01 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Firmware v2.0.3 Build 20211219 Rel. 67401 (EU)

I have logged into the gateway http://192.168.0.1/. Under the section "Parental Controls", I have added the devices that are connected to my Wifi network. I have set the "Internet Access Time" for each device. But, this feature is not working. How to resolve the issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental Control not working for AC1200 model-Solution
2024-03-28 03:47:53 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@mohanmax 

Hi, did you select whitelist or blacklist as the restriction policy? and is there any keywords added?

Please note that if you select whitelist without any keywords added, it means allow nothing during the selected time, thus no internet access during the selected time.

If you select blacklist without any keywords added, it means block nothing, thus internet still works fine during the selected time.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Parental Control not working for AC1200 model-Solution
2024-03-28 03:47:53 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@mohanmax 

Hi, did you select whitelist or blacklist as the restriction policy? and is there any keywords added?

Please note that if you select whitelist without any keywords added, it means allow nothing during the selected time, thus no internet access during the selected time.

If you select blacklist without any keywords added, it means block nothing, thus internet still works fine during the selected time.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Parental Control not working for AC1200 model
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine Thanks for the response. I have selected blacklist with two keywords. And, I did not select whitelist. Please suggest me how to resolve the issue

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine I would like to get another point confirmed from you. By default, in the window "Internet Access Time", no cells are selected. By selecting a cell, does it mean that I am allowing internet access for a selected device for the selected time? Please clarify.

Options
2 weeks ago

@mohanmax 

In fact, the selected time represents the time period during which parental control is active. Whether it allows or denies access depends on your specific settings. For instance, if you have added keywords to a blacklist, it means that websites containing those keywords will be blocked during the selected time.

So please do select some time for testing, or it means no time to block.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

I have added a few keywords to the Blocklist. Nothing is added to the Whitelist. I tested by selecting cells in the "Internet Access Time". However, parental control is not enabled for the selected time. I also tested by unselecting cells for a specific time, but parental control is not enabled for the selected time. I also rebooted the modem. Why is parental control not working? Please advice.

Options
2 weeks ago

@mohanmax 

Here''s a guide for configuring Parental Controls feature on your router with three examples.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 133

Replies: 6

Related Articles