Unbelievable absence of speed test on Deco XE75

2024-03-29 08:37:52
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Purchased my first TP-Link products this week. Having read good reviews of the XE75 Pro I went ahead and bought them to replace the poor equipment provided by EE for their 1.6 GHz broadband in UK.

The app guided me through the setup very well and in no time I had the three devices up and running. Very pleased at first, I went straight to run a speed test to the router to check the incoming ISP speed. I couldn't find one in the app so looked via the router browser interface- but no luck.

It was confirmed via Live Chat that there is no speed test test facility on the XE75 - or indeed on many other TP-Link routers. I find this quite unbelievable. Clearly, anyone investing in expensive mesh network equipment wants to get the best out of their home setup. Checking the speed from the ISP is a fundamental requirement. This is the only router /app system I've come across without a speed test. What on earth are TP-Link doing??

I've seen support responses suggesting people can plug a laptop into the router's Ethernet port and use an online speed test. In my case, I don't have a laptop with Ethernet and it won't work above 1 GHz as there is only a single 2.5 GHz port on the Deco. Besides, you shouldn't have to do this every few days!

Are there any work arounds or plans to reintroduce this essential feature soon? If not, I'll be returning the Deco and avoiding TP-Link products in future.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unbelievable absence of speed test on Deco XE75
3 weeks ago
Better to return it if it is not too late. I've been awaiting this feature for over a year now.
Options
Re:Unbelievable absence of speed test on Deco XE75
2 weeks ago

@KJ_Cook Yes, most Deco routers doesn't have the "test speed" feature (the one where you check the speed that the main deco gets from modem)

Workaround is to return the XE75 pro & get the XE200, which does support this feature

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 148

Replies: 2

Related Articles