Yealink voip phone not working through the router Archer AXE75
Yealink voip phone not working through the router Archer AXE75
2024-03-30 05:09:06 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:49:49
Tags: #ip phone
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295

Hi,

I am very happy with this router setup but have noticed that a voip phone (ip Yealink T53W) will not connect through this router to the network.

The phones work perfectly through a separate 4g hotspot.

Is there any particular setting I must try to set up for this one?

I have tried to disable SIP ALG and it made no difference.

Thank you for your help with this 

In fact, I should clarify the wifi connection works- the router ses the phone but the phone does not connect to the actual voip server, when paired with wifi to the router. However, it works fine on a 4g hotspot.

Is this a router setting, such as sip alg, firewall etc?

I have tried for several hours to get this resolved.

Any help or discussion on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

I read that disabling SIP ALG will usually make a big difference but i this case, did not help. My gut feeling tells me there is a firewall or port issue.

Thank you for your comments on this issue.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Yealink voip phone not working through the router Archer AXE75-Solution
2024-04-04 11:51:18 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:49:49

@woozle 

Hi  @woozle 

Thanks for your responses so far- They have been instrumental in my learning to get this all sorted. 

I actually was asked by our service provider of the Yealink phones to reset the phones to factory reset- by pressing and holding the OK button for about 30 seconds and then agreeing to continue the phone reset to factorty reset.

I did so and was then prompted to enter the wifi credentials which I did.

I set up the AXE75 router credentials and I should note that the only exception on the router settings was to turn SIP ALG to the off position.

I then waited for the Yealink phone to reset itself and reconfigure.

After doing this, I entered the credentials provided by the phone service provider (user name which was the extension and the password for each individual phone number (multiple phones in the office).

The system then magically came back to life for each phone and all is solid.

So basically, the only difference is re provisioning or resetting the phone was that it then connected to only one wifi point (Archer TP Link AXE 75) and worked fine.

However when it was provisioned on the previous modem from the phone company for the first time, and then switched to the router from TP Link, it did not register properly, but after a factory reset and linking to the TP link, it works great.

I have spent a full day at the office and every phone was rock solid.

So, if in doubt, re provision or reset and start again and all is good.

I really appreciate the feedback and ideas to get this sorted.

It took a while but has been worth it for the end result.

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Yealink voip phone not working through the router Archer AXE75
2024-03-31 14:01:35

@Comms 

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Yealink phones or the AXE75 router.  It does sound like you may have to activate port forwarding in the router with the ports used by the phone.  I glanced briefly at the Yealink support site and you may find the port information you need at their site.

Options
2024-03-31 19:34:52

Comms wrote

... My gut feeling tells me there is a firewall or port issue.

@Comms 

Hi,

If you suspect a firewall issue, then switch OFF the SPI Firewall of the AXE75, quickly check whether the Yealink phone works now (do whatever you need to do to make that determination) and after that switch the AXE75's SPI Firewall back ON again.

Then let us know the result of that test.

Options
2024-04-01 01:39:56

@woozle 

Hi   @woozle .

I will check your suggestion when I get back into the office tomorrow and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion., I will follow up.

Options
2024-04-02 11:49:05

Hi @woozle,

Thank you for the suggestion to disable the SPI Firewall.

I did so, but unfortunately, it made no difference.

I also disbled SIP ALG.

Do you have any other suggestions at all?

Options
2024-04-02 18:05:13 - last edited 2024-04-02 19:40:36

@Comms 

The only remaining two suggestions I currently have is to verify that "UPnP" is activated on your AXE75 router (see screenshot below) and also test if the T53W phone may behave differently if you connect it to the router via Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

I read through a user manual for the Yealink T5 Series that I downloaded, but I couldn't find any specific setup instructions or network requirements.
Apparently Yealink considers their phones to be fully plug&play.

What kind of broadband Internet connection are you using in your office? It is fiber or DSL or cable (via cable TV line)? 

Which "Internet Connection Type" is currently configured on your Archer AXE75? (e.g. PPPoE or Dynamic IP or something else)

Options
2024-04-02 19:17:00

@Comms 

If and when you solve the issue, please share with us the solution.  I am considering replacing my antiquated Linksys phones and the Yealink T53W may be a good option.  My router is an AX55.

On a side note, the RTP and RTSP protocols are sometimes problematic when working through NAT.  In my case, video streaming on demand (VOD) requires port forwarding to work properly.  For VOIP, I don't seem to have any problems with NAT using two accounts through different service providers.  It will be interesting to see what the final solution is.

Options
2024-04-04 09:33:11

@Comms 

I decided to replace one of my SIP phones and a new Yealink T53W arrived yesterday.  After the initial network setup (wired) and configuring two different SIP accounts from two different providers, everything worked perfectly with no problems whatsoever.

Wi-Fi was then configured and again everything worked perfectly on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

Here are the details of the configuration tested:

1. The router is an AX55 with the latest beta firmware. In looking at the AXE75 emulator at the TP-Link support site, the web GUIs of both routers are practically identical as are the settings.

2.  Router settings:

a.  ISP connection is a PPPoE connection with the ISP’s router in bridge mode.

b. No Port Forwarding or Port Triggering settings are needed.

c.  UPnP is disabled.

d.  All ALG settings are disabled.

e. SPI firewall is enabled.

f.  Access Control is disabled.

g.  IP & MAC Binding is disabled.

2.  T53W settings:

a.  Both DHCP and static IP addressing were tested and no problems were noted.  It is possible to configure either a DHCP or static IP address when using Wi-Fi and they do not have to agree with the wired settings.

b.  Only the needed network and SIP account settings are configured.  All other phone settings are at their defaults.

c.  The Wi-Fi MAC address is different from the wired MAC address and needs to be taken into account if using MAC binding. For this reason, a different static IP address from that used for the wired connection was used during tests.

d.  All NAT settings are off.

After seeing first-hand how the T53W works seamlessly with the AX55, I suspect that you may indeed have a firmware problem in the AXE75 if your phone account settings are correct.

Options
2024-04-04 11:49:55

@jra11500 

Hi jra11500,

Thanks for your detailed list of the timeline of your setup.

I actually was asked by our service provider of the Yealink phones to reset the phones to factory reset- by pressing and holding the OK button for about 30 seconds and then agreeing to continue the phone reset to factorty reset.

I set up the AXE75 router credentials and I should note that the only exception on the router settings was to turn SIP ALG to the off position.

After doing this, I entered the credentials provided by the phone service provider (user name which was the extension and the password for each individual phone number (multiple phones in the office).

So basically, the only difference is reprovisioning or resetting the phone was that it then connected to only one wifi point (Archer TP Link AXE 75) and worked fine.

However when it was provisioned on the previous modem from the phone company for the first time, and then switched to the router from TP Link, it did not register properly, but after a factory reset and linking to the TP link, it works great.

So, if in doubt, reprovision or reset and start again and all is good.

Options
Re:Yealink voip phone not working through the router Archer AXE75-Solution
2024-04-04 11:51:18 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:49:49

@woozle 

Hi  @woozle 

Thanks for your responses so far- They have been instrumental in my learning to get this all sorted. 

So basically, the only difference is re provisioning or resetting the phone was that it then connected to only one wifi point (Archer TP Link AXE 75) and worked fine.

So, if in doubt, re provision or reset and start again and all is good.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-04 12:06:18

@Comms

Great!  I'm glad you found the solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 333

Replies: 10

Tags

ip phone
Related Articles