Archer C86: Wifi SSID Smart Connect only uses 2.4Ghz

2024-04-01 02:58:53
Model: Archer C86  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.2

Hello!! I have an Archer C86 router and if I activate the "Smart Connection" option (to use the same SSID for the Wifi connection), when connecting to a device, it only connects to the 2.4Ghz network, which limits the Internet speed to about 120Mbps, when I have a 300Mbps connection.

On the other hand, using the 2 networks separately (2.4 and 5.8Ghz) works fine.

Why might this happen?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C86: Wifi SSID Smart Connect only uses 2.4Ghz
2024-04-01 04:30:37

@JuanFranDP 

When to enable Smart Connect?

1) When you are not sure which frequency band or which location provides the best wireless signal

Wireless signals cannot stay stable all the time. Thus, sometimes it is necessary to change the frequency to get a better signal. If you are not sure which frequency band or which location provides the best, just relax and try the Smart Connect on your TP-Link router.

2) When you have devices released at different times

Devices released at different periods have different compatibility with the 5 GHz wireless network. Some legacy devices can only work well at the 2.4 GHz wireless network. If you have many legacy devices mixed with the newer devices in the wireless network, your 2.4 GHz networks might be overloaded for piling too many devices on it. Enable Smart Connect to allow the router to automatically choose the most efficient band so that every device can reach its full potential.

Not always Smart Connect works perfectly - in these cases it's recommended to disable this feature and use a separate SSIDs for both frequencies.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 1

Related Articles